Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: printer a blooket
« Last post by mnawij on December 01, 2022, 07:43:51 pm »
Hi Jesus, quick question is it four pages or sheets. 4 pages = 1 sheet, 4 sheets is 16 pages. You can manually impose them simply.

Page #s Imposed 4 pages then 16 pages:

04  01
02  03
--------------
16  01
02  15
14  03
04  13
12  05
06  11
10  07
08  09

Cheers!
mnawij
« Last post by forest_bear59 on November 29, 2022, 12:31:50 pm »
If You have configured a PDF-printer-driver in Your system chances are that You can tell it to print a certain number of pages per sheet. So You can get an output PDF file with the desired properties.

Regards
Stephan
Text and Typography / Re: Trouble setting default type size in 1.5.0
« Last post by Nermander on November 23, 2022, 01:18:28 pm »
If I recall correct Preferences only affects new documents, to affect the current document you need to use Document setup.

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Configprefs

You should probably use styles instead of setting the default for text frames (because I think the default is only applied when the frame is created, so if you change the default already created frames will not be affected).

But I just tried here in 1.5.2 (closest version to 1.5.0 I have installed) and there is maybe a bug (version 1.5.0 is old). Even when changing the default for the text frame tool there was no change to a newly created text frame.
Text and Typography / Trouble setting default type size in 1.5.0
« Last post by richmondscribe on November 23, 2022, 12:43:39 am »
I use 1.5.0 because I'm running OS 10.11.6.  When I go to preferences and set the default typeface and type size it will not stay at the size I put in (12pt) but reverts to 11pt.  I have ot manually select and resize almost every other new line I type.  Am I doing something incorrectly?  BTW, I'm a former InDesign user so I'm having to relearn quite a bit!
Scripts and Plugins / Re: How to import LaTeX package?
« Last post by legoaddict1949 on November 22, 2022, 02:42:13 pm »
Just figured it out. In the source editor there is a "Fonts/Headers" tab. There you can place package import headers.
Scripts and Plugins / How to import LaTeX package?
« Last post by legoaddict1949 on November 22, 2022, 02:40:17 pm »
Greetings.

The Scribus wiki states the following:

Just type your LaTeX code, but remember: The preamble and the end is added automatically during processing. So only add the parts between `\begin{document}` and `\end{document}`

If this is the case, how am I supposed to import additional LaTeX packages, given that these are normally called before the document begins?

I tried placing `\usepackage{chemfig}` in the LaTeX input, but that obviously resulted in a compilation error.

I've also tried using the `\chemfig{}` command without importing the package, but that obviously doesn't work either.

Thank you in advance for any help, and God bless.
« Last post by Nermander on November 21, 2022, 05:02:28 pm »
Most PDF viewers have the option for bookled printing. Even som printer drivers have support for it.

There are also other software out there that can turn a PDF into something suitable for booklet printing.

Scribus does not have support for it, so you need to solve it after having created your PDF.
General Discussion / printer a blooket
« Last post by Jesus on November 21, 2022, 12:23:43 pm »
Dear friends,
I've problemns in prit my file in format blooket four pages double side.
This format it very usefull to bind a book.
You know who I may do it?
Thanks.
Jesus
Is "first line offset" when you indent the first line of a paragraph?

No, first line offset is how far from the top of the frame the first line is. Or rather much is added to the line height (when first line offset is zero, the baseline of the first line is line height down from the top).

What what is "font ascent?"
As far as I understand it is a font metric, it is the defined height of the font.

I did a quick google and this article has a picture that I think explains it well (though the article is not related to Scribus).
https://suragch.medium.com/meaning-of-top-ascent-baseline-descent-bottom-and-leading-in-androids-fontmetrics-c80cf019aef5
Beginner Talk / Re: Wrap a background image on page one and last (fa
« Last post by Nermander on November 19, 2022, 08:28:58 am »
I think the best solution here depends on how you intend to print the magazine.

While splitting the image across two pages may work, the final result will depend on the impositioning for the printing spreads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10