Pagination on Page Facing document doesn't work

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendell_Burke

Hello,
I can really use some help with this problem, please?

I'm running Scribus 1.6.2 for Windows on Windows 10 Pro.
I'm trying to write a small book and am not using any templates. I'm setting up the layout myself.
Every page needs to have a border image (right or left), so I set up the document as Page Facing.
On the Master Page Left (or right) I removed all margins and Inserted an Image Frame.
Into that, I connected the Left Border art jpeg. I did the same for the Right-side Master Page. These actions seem to work fine.
I then created another layer on the Master Page for Text, where I would Insert Page numbers.
I Inserted a Text Frame in the bottom Left and Right corners of each Master Page, Inserted Character> Page Number, but when I do this, it always enters the number 4 when it should be 2, so I change it back to 2.
I press 'End Edit', Right click on the Page, Apply Master Page, Apply to Even Pages Within Range 2-148 (150 pages total), then Ok.
But when I do this, every even numbered page, while having the text box for Page numbers, has the value '2' in them, which is what I set on the Master Page.
Rather than enter '2', I also tried Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P, but that just makes the variable an = sign which then appears on every even page.

I'm simply trying to set up the document for Pagination on Left and Right pages for the document. Can someone please tell me if I'm making an error or if this is a bug in the program?
Thanks.

PatJr

don't try adjusting the page number, I think when you typed the "2" it deleted the page number variable

also, not sure it would help, but try looking up the sections in
 File>Document Setup> Sections
it could help control the page numbering

Wendell_Burke

Quote from: PatJr on August 19, 2024, 09:47:43 PMdon't try adjusting the page number, I think when you typed the "2" it deleted the page number variable

also, not sure it would help, but try looking up the sections in
 File>Document Setup> Sections
it could help control the page numbering

I think you're right! Wow, I could've sworn I tried that before, but I just did it and it works. Thank you! That was driving me crazy. I just started with this program.