Exported PDF has different page size than Scribus page size

Previous topic - Next topic

cscj01

I run Ubuntu 18.04 x64 and Scribus 1.4.8.  I created a Scribus 2 page document with a page size of Letter (8.5 x 11).  I exported it as a PDF (1.4) document with nothing changed in the export dialog.  When I check the page size of the PDF document, it shows as 9.61 x 12.11.

I checked the page size in Scribus before exporting it at File>Preferences>Document, and it shows 8.5 x 11.  I check the page size of the PDF exported from Scribus using Document Viewer at File Options>Properties, and it shows 9.61 x 12.11.  If I use Adobe Reader, I get the page size at File>Properties as 9.61 x 12.11.

What is going on here?

mnawij

Hi cscj01,

1. Do you have any image or textbox extending beyond the edge of the document?
2. Is the bleed option checked under the pre-press tab to extend the pages?
3. Have you tried exporting as a png or jpg at 100% to see if the image stays at 8.5" x 11" as a check?
4. Would you be willing to upload the Scribus file to look at?

Cheers!

mnawij

cscj01

Quote from: mnawij on March 14, 2020, 03:20:33 AM
Hi cscj01,

1. Do you have any image or textbox extending beyond the edge of the document?
2. Is the bleed option checked under the pre-press tab to extend the pages?
3. Have you tried exporting as a png or jpg at 100% to see if the image stays at 8.5" x 11" as a check?
4. Would you be willing to upload the Scribus file to look at?

Cheers!

mnawij
1. No
2. No
3. Yes.  I exported as a png file and the image size is 8.5 x 11 per your suggestion.
4. Yes

cscj01

cscj01

Nermander

When I open it there is 0,5556 in bleed set up in the Pre-press tab in Document properties>PDF creation.

cscj01

Quote from: Nermander on March 14, 2020, 08:53:50 AM
When I open it there is 0,5556 in bleed set up in the Pre-press tab in Document properties>PDF creation.
I had set the bleeds to zero at Page Properties and the exported PDF still had a page size of 9.61 x 12.11.  I assumed that would be true for the exported PDF.  However, I re-exported the documented and checked the Pre-Press tab and the bleeds were once more at 0.5556.  So I set them to 0 in the Pre-Press tab, and voila, the PDF page size in the PDF was 8.5 x 11.

Has this changed at some point?  I believe I have set these in Page Properties before, and the setting was enforced during any further operations.  It seems that if one sets the bleeds to 0 in Page Properties, they should not be reset to 0.5556 at export.  I do understand why this only applies to Print, but the Page Properties should be consistent once set.

No matter. thank you for resolving my issue.

utnik

hi cscj01

where did you change the bleed settings?

• there's no such setting in 'page' → 'manage page properties'.
  • in 'preferences' → 'document setup' → 'margins & bleeds' you define it for your future documents.
  • in 'file' → 'document setup'... you can change settings of your open document. (sometimes you have to click some 'apply to...' button) – but afaik not for the bleeds.
utnik