[SOLVED] Automate Importing text with simple markups

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik96

I need to import text with contains very simple markups. &HL; for Headline and &Ti; for Title. I could preprocesses these markups to anything scribus likes. I already have defined in scribus styles for the title and headline. How can I automate the import process so that the text gets imported correctly ?
I found instructions for these, but the instructions have more than 10 years of life, so scribus changed in the meantime.
Thank you very much
yours,
Erik

MrB

When importing, there is an option to choose the Import Filter, and you can choose the one called "Text Filter". It enables you to process the text as it is imported. This might be what you want. It might be what you are referring to in those old instructions. I don't think anyone worked on that much in that time so it should still work as described.

Erik96

Thank you very much for your answer. Exactly this import filter I am looking for. I am using Scribus 1.5.8. I am doing the following: File --> Import --> Get Text. In the window which now is open I do not find the import filter. Maybe I am looking at the wrong place ? I am sure I am missing something ... but what ?
Thx a lot

MrB

There is an Importer second from the bottom left. Choose Text Filters. With your file to import selected, click ok. Then another window will pop up and allow you to set up the filter actions.

Erik96

great. thx a lot. Now I found it. Therefore I can replace the &HL; which means Headline with something else. This works fine. Now my doubt: in order to create from this &HL; a headline in scribus with the style for headlines, what do I need to insert in the text ?
Thank you very much for your help !!!!!!!!!

Erik96

There was once upon a time a video which seems to explain this issue. The link I found is: Video tutorial three ways to apply styles. Unfortunately the video vanished. Some idea where to get it from ?

Erik96

yep, that is it, the tutorial is fantastic. Now everything is clear.
Thx a bunch !!!!