Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Text / Image Frames and Shapes look 'liquid'.
« Last post by Alfred on Today at 07:24:26 pm »
Hello everyone,

I work with Scribus 1.5.7 on Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon;

unfortunately I have this type of inconvenience:  :(
when I create a text frame the frame does not follow the mouse cursor as it should be, it does so with a lot of delay and this involves a considerable waste of time and precision;
even if I want to make a change to the width / height the movements take place with a considerable delay so as to make the frame seem 'liquid'.
Of course, this also happens with the Picture Frame and with the various shapes.

If I can't fix it I'll have to give up using Scribus, if anyone has a tip to solve it's welcome ... Thank you very much... :)
General Discussion / Re: Imported pdf with editable text
« Last post by mnawij on Today at 01:04:50 am »
Hi medmedin2014,

File -> Open -> choose file.pdf (your file)
In the dialog there is an option to choose open text as graphic or as text. It works, but there will be text reflow and other problems if you do not have the exact font installed on your computer. I have not tried it with pdf pages without images, just text. It worked, I was able to copy/paste the type copy that I needed.

Cheers!

mnawij
General Discussion / Imported pdf with editable text
« Last post by medmedin2014 on May 10, 2021, 03:19:23 am »
I read in 1.5.7 release note that editing text directly on imported pdf is possible but after trying it it doesn't work at all, is there any settings that should enabled to use this function ?
Raster and Vector Graphics / Re: Newbeginner guide?
« Last post by toyotadesigner on May 09, 2021, 09:55:25 pm »
You can do some vector graphics in Scribus, but basically it is not made for it. Scribus is a publishing software, comparable to InDesign oder Affinity Publisher or Quark Express. The strength of Scribus is to produce and pre-press books, flyers, posters, magazines, newspapers, etc.

If you want to work with vector graphics and have a Windows machine, you might consider Xara or Inkscape or Gimp, or Illustrator or Affinity Designer.

If you just want to import a graphic into Scribus and have the text flow around it, select the graphic, go to -> Properties -> Shape -> Select any flow scheme next to »Text Flow« you want to use
Raster and Vector Graphics / Re: Newbeginner guide?
« Last post by lmh1 on May 09, 2021, 06:49:26 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZg8rvl0Vwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWyUWqK72f0

How to to that on scribus?
or most it be use gimp or inkscape?
I also want to know how to add form to item easy because its hard than paint to move object to other object easy way.
Beginner Talk / Re: How to add support for indesign and illustrator?
« Last post by lmh1 on May 09, 2021, 06:42:17 pm »
But how to add support for it because gimp\inkscape support indesign or illustrator files better?
Beginner Talk / Re: Un-called for close downs
« Last post by RodneyLee on May 09, 2021, 05:50:15 pm »
Scribus Version?
Beginner Talk / Un-called for close downs
« Last post by Sigurd on May 09, 2021, 02:39:01 pm »
I have on several occasions found that Scribus closes down when I try and do something. Has been unpredictable until now, but I have found a repeatable sequence. Having created a page with an image place holder and then got the image, adjusted it to fit, then as soon as I try and save my work the app shuts down.
I am using the latest version of Scribus on a fully updated Windows 10 PC.
« Last post by toyotadesigner on May 08, 2021, 12:50:03 pm »
OK, didn't know the private thingie.
« Last post by utnik on May 08, 2021, 11:53:50 am »
hi toyotadesigner

it looks as there is a bug #16559 but it is submitted as 'private' (only visible for the developers…)

utnik
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
palmate