Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: tools in toolbar missing
Last post by gonzo - March 11, 2024, 03:03:32 AM
I just figured out how to access text flow, but I swear that my tool bar is missing some of the tools on some videos. Thanks.
Last post by gonzo - March 11, 2024, 02:32:48 AM
I do not recall where I downloaded it from, but screenshot shows all the tools available

tools available.JPG
Last post by AdmFubar - March 11, 2024, 02:09:44 AM
did you download scribus from here? or from the windows store? can you post a screenshot?
General Discussion / tools in toolbar missing
Last post by gonzo - March 11, 2024, 01:15:10 AM
I downloaded and setup Scribus 1.6.1 and while following along with tutorials on Youtube, I discovered that for some reason my program (running on Win 10 64 bit) does not display all the tools - Particularly those associated with text wrap around images/objects. I decided to try Scribus 1.5.8 and the same thing happens. Anyone know why these features are not available?
Vector graphics and postscript / Re: Open Bezier courves and PD...
Last post by utnik - March 10, 2024, 10:41:34 PM
hi lockheed

i exported your file with scribus 1.5.8, 1.6.1 and 1.7.0.
only the .pdf file from scribus 1.5.8 shows this connecting line. the other two files are good.
maybe there was a bug in older scribus versions...

utnik
Last post by lockheed02 - March 10, 2024, 09:31:46 PM
Thank you. I uploaded the files to discord, I hope the links will work.

The difference between the 2 lines are the color transition (I made the second line a bit thicker so it's easier to see)

SLA file

PNG export

PDF export

Do I have to do something different for an PDF export?

Thanks again for looking into this!

Lockheed
Last post by a.l.e - March 10, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
can you please attach the .sla file (or another .sla file where you only have pasted the specific bezier... and still shows the issue) in here?

... or if you're pretty sure that it's a bug, directly open a ticket in https://bugs.scribus.net with the same file attached?
Vector graphics and postscript / Open Bezier courves and PDF ex...
Last post by lockheed02 - March 10, 2024, 05:50:44 PM
Greetings,

while I'm not too new to Scribus I now and then hit topics I not had to deal with before. Luckily there is always a corner that helps to find things.
My problem is that when I made a nice wave using a bezier courve and it looks fine on screen or when I export it as image (png or jpg), the result is as expected: a nice courvy line. When I export to PDF, the generated file contains the bezier courve but does connect the beginnig and ending points. So I have my courvy line - but with an ugly line connecting the ends.

In one of my tests I could somehow bypass this behavior but I failed so far finding a logic why it looks different on screen/image export compared to PDF export. All I'm using is a bezir courve with color shift (from blue to cyan for example). And I'm on Scribus 1.5.8.

Any idea what I could check?

Thank a lot

Lockheed
Beginner Talk / Re: Old style lowercase number...
Last post by a.l.e - March 10, 2024, 11:44:55 AM
buondì scriber,

if you're sure that the version of urw palladio that you have installed contains the old style numeral, you can open a ticket in https://bugs.scribus.net

but a quick internet search for that font and debian got me the result

https://packages.debian.org/buster/fonts/fonts-texgyre

which tells me that fonts-texgyre contains "TeX Gyre Pagella family of fonts is based on the URW Palladio L family".

the font is installed in my system and scribus provides the old style numerals option for it.

my guess is that you don't have a recent otf version of the font...
Code / Re: Compiling scribus with qt ...
Last post by a.l.e - March 10, 2024, 11:32:21 AM
a few years ago i've written:

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-manual-development/blob/master/content/compiling-with-qt-creator-en.md

it should be mostly correct, but contributions / feedback are welcome!

only the linked list of dependencies is probably outdated.