Recent posts

Layout Issues / Re: Adding additional pages wi...
Last post by a.l.e - March 16, 2024, 09:33:12 PM
the broken links are a well known problem...

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=8056
Last post by lockheed02 - March 16, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
I played some more with the import and it seems I was incorrect on the mislaignment. That actually was caused because a recto page was shifted to verso page and both pages have different frame setup. After inserting one more blank page the alignment was fine again. The import just lost the connections of the text box links and - like with simple "insert page" with automatic text box generation enabled - new text boxes are created beyond the end of the document. But the import imported the text boxes on the correct positions.
I think I can work with that and simply delete the text boxes at the end of the document and link them again.
Subject of the bug report would "only" be the missing link of the imported text boxes. I didn't check if there is already a bug report for that.

Anyways, thanks a lot :)

Lockheed

Beginner Talk / Re: Old style lowercase number...
Last post by Nermander - March 16, 2024, 04:24:27 PM
Yes, with align to baseline grid the issue is that there is not a lot needed to force the line to the next grid line.
Last post by a.l.e - March 16, 2024, 08:58:05 AM
personally, i believe that the user should be able to optionally tell scribus to respect the baseline, no matter what happens (the most relevant case for me, is when the baseline grid exactly matches the bottom of the frame).

but this is not what scribus does:
if the ascent or descent do not fit, then the line is skipped.

this is what happens in your case È is too "high" and you will need to increase the value for the baseline grid.
(to be honest, in this case, if È does not fit, it's likely that your text is too dense and will not be pleasant to read)
Text and Typography / Re: I can't seem to get the Wi...
Last post by smallfreak - March 15, 2024, 10:19:29 PM
Just to keep record:

v 1.6.1 and still problems.

"Do not split paragraphs" along with "keep with next" and "Orphans/Widows = 2" on the next one does still break to the next column between the heading and the text. :-(
Beginner Talk / Re: Whole page is blocked (my ...
Last post by Herman - March 15, 2024, 06:36:55 PM
Quote from: vonmae_be on March 12, 2024, 04:38:17 PMNeues Layout

Thank you, vonmae_be.
I've downloaded your file sue_01.sla, but I don't know enough to understand how to solve my problem with it...
Last post by a.l.e - March 15, 2024, 02:17:36 PM
sla import is a feature that is not used very often and has shown issues in the past.

if you have test files that show the problem, can you please open a ticket and attach them there?
Last post by scriber - March 15, 2024, 11:49:13 AM
Thanks Ale, will try it..

Now I'm facing with a really unexpected issue using "adobe source serif pro / 4" sized 12pt":
(as you know) in Italian language we need some accent on vocals letters, and sometimes they can be after a "full stop mark", for instance:

Ciao ciao, andiamo al cinema tornerò alle eccecc.
Dov'è andato? Devo parlargli.
È andato al cinema.

On the last line we have a capital "E" with accent.
The problem is that I obtain a big vertical space before that line, like that character needed much more space over.

The following image should explain better what happens:

https://postimg.cc/m1BYchqM

I tried the same font on other software, like libre office writer for instance, but it appears regular as expected... The issue appears just in Scribus.

I'm off topic here, I likely should open a new one focused on this issue.. anyway hope some body know if there is a way so solve.

Thanks in advance!
Bye

EDIT
The above issue appears with "align to baseline grid" option activated.
General Discussion / Re: day variable
Last post by joseb - March 15, 2024, 11:47:38 AM
I have tried inserting a variable text mark in several places and it works correctly, even when you use different text styles in each place (changing font or alignment to left-centred-right).

But I can't manage to apply "align text forced justified" to the variable text markup.

Is it possible to apply "align text forced justified" to a variable text markup?

Last post by lockheed02 - March 15, 2024, 06:59:10 AM
That's pretty interesting. Also I have the option to temporary create the article in a copy of that document and then import it when the other articles are ready. So it would add them at the end. Fun part I saw (V 1.6.1) is, when importing, it adds new pages with their text boxes, then adds another text box (slightly misaligned) with the imported texts on top. Needs some manual work to clean up/reposition/reconnect the text boxes but it seems to be working as well. The styles and images etc. were preserved so the workload seems acceptable.

Thanks very much for your inspiring ideas :)

Lockheed