Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Layout Issues / Importing 2x 400 page books, one with pictures, one without... help?
« Last post by nijineko on October 13, 2021, 01:34:39 am »
I am very new to Scribus.

I searched around for some documentation and tutorials and followed what I found about having Scribus automatically create extra frames upon import, but it did not work as described or hoped.

Looking for guidance on how to import (as two separate projects) two 400 page books, one text only, the other text with pictures.

Both are coming from an ODT file format.

I am open to any suggestions and guidance.
Scripts and Plugins / how do I run Scribus 1.5.7 with Python 3 for scripting?
« Last post by fredzannarbor on October 12, 2021, 06:41:18 am »
Hi,

How do I run Scribus 1.5.7 with Python 3 in the scripting console?

Installation and Setup / Sudden crash
« Last post by PierreB on October 10, 2021, 04:36:11 pm »
Hello,
I have been using Scribus for many years. It was working yesterday and it is impossible to open this morning. I was using version 1.5.5. on Windows 10.

Only the window for creating a new document opens but without the main scribus window as usual. When I click on OK the window disappears.

When opening Scribus with the console I notice at the end of the output that the files lab.png, spot.png and register.png are not found. The output is finished with:
Warning: Unsupported ICC profile class 70727472
Warning: QPngHandler: Failed to parse ICC profile
Warning: Retrying to obtain clipboard.

I have un-installed 1.5.5 and re-install it (and 1.5.7) the results are exactly the same

I am working on a document that I have to produce by tomorrow!

Many thanks for any help.
Beginner Talk / Re: Trouble with absolutely first step with Scribus
« Last post by steven8 on October 10, 2021, 04:30:37 am »
In 1.5.7 I opened Edit>Colors and Fill, found X11 in the drop down and selected it to update the available colors with no crash.  I am using Windows 10.  Photo Attached.
« Last post by Nermander on October 09, 2021, 06:32:24 pm »
Scribus is not optimal for text heavy books, Scribus is better suited for products like magazines where you lay out each page on its own. There are a lot of people successfully using Scribus for production.

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Category:Success_Stories

And, after all, Scribus is free. In all aspects. You are free to not use it.
« Last post by davidkachel on October 09, 2021, 04:52:19 pm »
I have come to the conclusion after reading internet posts concerning Scribus that it is not yet ready for prime time and having been in development for 20(?) years now, most likely never will be. It still can't even do footnotes? And the very first instructional step in the documentation, written by the developers, is wrong, and causes a crash?!!! AND, the current stable version cannot run on the current Mac OS, at all?! I had to fight all the way with LibreOffice to write my last book, but it did at least get the job done.
I wish the Scribus developers well, but this seems to be a dead issue.
Thanks for trying to help.
« Last post by davidkachel on October 09, 2021, 04:40:16 pm »
I first tried the stable version but my Mac would not run it. It reported that Scribus "needed to be updated".
« Last post by RodneyLee on October 09, 2021, 03:44:03 pm »
which version of Scribus?
General Discussion / Re: Will page imposition ever be a built-in feature?
« Last post by mnawij on October 09, 2021, 04:10:42 am »
I really use the simple booklet impose option in InDesign when making proofs for a client, saves me time and that is an important commodity.
I agree, full blown imposition is not needed, but a quick option for proofing a book or zine I would like to see.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/indesign/using/printing-booklets.html

Cheers!

mnawij
General Discussion / Re: Will page imposition ever be a built-in feature?
« Last post by utnik on October 09, 2021, 01:25:33 am »
hi barkley

most .pdf readers support basic booklet imposition. (if yours doesn't, use jpdftweak instead…)
imho there's no need for scribus to do the same.

utnik
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
palmate