Recent posts

Free discussion / Re: Scribus User Eye Health
Last post by drstuartterry - Today at 03:11:15 PM
Maintaining good eye health is essential for overall well-being. Schedule regular eye exams with the Best Ophthalmologist in San Antonio to catch any issues early. Eat a balanced diet rich in omega-3s, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E to protect against age-related vision problems. Wear sunglasses that block 99-100% of UVA and UVB rays, and use safety goggles for hazardous activities. Limit screen time by following the 20-20-20 rule to reduce eye strain, and stay hydrated to prevent dry eyes. These simple steps can help keep your vision sharp and your eyes healthy.
Beginner Talk / Re: apply text style to all ta...
Last post by jeepe - July 13, 2024, 12:09:43 PM
thank you, utnik,

this is what I too observed...

anyway, I read everywhere that tables don't function in Scribus...
but my conclusion is that Scribus is good and precise, even with tables.

I like it :)

(I have never edited a magazine on paper, so I can't really tell, but so far, designing
a book's cover, and the TOC, Scribus excels, works pretty well, and offers a great amount of control over every detail)

PS:
In your profile pic, is it a Unicum bottle?
Last post by utnik - July 13, 2024, 07:05:23 AM
hi jeepe

i just tested in scribus 1.6.2. you can apply table styles to a slection of table cells, but unfortunately you can't do the same with paragraph styles or character styles.
this might be worth to file a feature request.

utnik
Beginner Talk / Re: greyscale images still sho...
Last post by utnik - July 13, 2024, 06:57:12 AM
hi digirew

try 'embed embed pdf & eps files' while exporting your .pdf files. this should exclude those files from the color management.

utnik
Beginner Talk / Re: greyscale images still sho...
Last post by PatJr - July 12, 2024, 10:05:34 PM
Maybe the image could be converted to CMYK and only use K in the image, using something like Photoshop, gimp, krita, ...? Then place the image into the scribus document?
Last post by jeepe - July 12, 2024, 09:46:10 PM
Hi,

What I was trying to describe was having a table, say, 22 rows, 1 cell in each, for simplicity...
and we want to apply a certain style to those cells...

To me it looks like we have to "apply" a style to each cell individually...
and I was wondering, still I am, whether it can be done at once?
In a bulk :)

Beginner Talk / greyscale images still shows u...
Last post by digirew - July 12, 2024, 09:03:03 PM
I have a multi page document. Some pages are only greyscale and some are not.

The pages that are intended to be greyscale, I only place greyscale images (PDF files) onto the page. I can confirm using adobe acrobat that the original pdf image only contains "K" color and not CMY values.

However, when I place the PDF image into a scribus document, and then export all the pages, the greyscale image that I imported is now using all the CMYK info.

How do I get Scribus not to touch/change any colors of an PDF image placed into scribus doc? ie. if I place greyscale pdf keep it greyscale, if I import  full colors keep it full colors.

Thank you,

Digirew
Beginner Talk / Re: How to merge multiple file...
Last post by utnik - July 12, 2024, 08:08:50 PM
hi francesco

did you try 'page' → 'import'?

utnik
Beginner Talk / Re: How to merge multiple file...
Last post by AdmFubar - July 12, 2024, 06:27:56 PM
are you talking about scribus, .sla files?  or document types?
Text and Typography / Re: Font has changed
Last post by Temporal - July 12, 2024, 04:08:57 PM
Yes, I had copied the frame, not the text in the frame. I've found a workaround now. I removed Arial from the fonts and then when I reopened the document I was prompted that it was missing a font and I could change it to the correct one. But it's worrying that it happened.