text center

Previous topic - Next topic

keko1963

In Scribus, I created a table with 2 rows and 10 cells each. In the bottom row, I need to write one letter in each cell, centered in the middle of the cell. The only alignment option I found centers the letter in the middle of the row, but the letter touches the line of the cell and is not in the middle of the cell. This alignment only aligns the letter or text in that row where the text is written. I can't find an option to align to the center of the cell, as is possible in Excel. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this?

AdmFubar

Text Properties Tab/Columns & Text Distances, first entry is Vertical Alignment
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

jumpingporpoise

Quote from: keko1963 on May 15, 2024, 02:09:13 PMIn Scribus, I created a table with 2 rows and 10 cells each. In the bottom row, I need to write one letter in each cell, centered in the middle of the cell. The only alignment option I found centers the letter in the middle of the row, but the letter touches the line of the cell and is not in the middle of the cell. This alignment only aligns the letter or text in that row where the text is written. I can't find an option to align to the center of the cell, as is possible in Excel. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this?
Select the Text in Each Cell: Click inside each cell of the bottom row where you want to center the letter.

Adjust Text Properties:

Go to Properties > Text.
Ensure that the text is set to align center horizontally (Align center) and vertically (Align center) within each cell.
Adjust Cell Padding (if needed): Sometimes, adjusting the padding of the cells can help center the text more precisely.

Right-click on the table and select Properties.
Go to the Columns & Text tab.
Adjust the Cell inset X and Cell inset Y values to increase or decrease the space within the cells.
Manually Adjust Text Position (if necessary): If the text is still not perfectly centered visually, you can manually adjust the position of the text within each cell:

Double-click on the cell to enter text editing mode.
Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the text within the cell until it looks centered.
Check Overall Table Alignment: Ensure that the table itself is positioned correctly on the page. Sometimes, if the table is not aligned properly on the page, it can affect the perceived centering of text within cells.