How do I make a study Bible template?

Previous topic - Next topic

ii

Greetings all!

I'm new to Scribus and looking for an alternative to Adobe InDesign.

Long story short, I'm trying to create a document that has a study Bible template where there is text on two sides of one page with some cross references in the middle and study notes at the bottom with some small lines to separate everything for the reader.

How would I go about this?  I didn't see one on the templates listed.

Thank you all!

Boyd II

PatJr

make a drawing or post a pic of what you are after

sounds like it should not be to difficult

ii

Quote from: PatJr on February 17, 2024, 07:30:52 PMmake a drawing or post a pic of what you are after

sounds like it should not be to difficult

MacArthur Study Bible example:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8urh9l78ya5kkg757tvy2/MacArthur-SB.jpg?rlkey=bi4qgzl0wxs26ryy4u5yq9fl6&dl=0

Ligonier Study Bible example:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mt4trz9l6z8st0ukva06t/Ligonier-SB.jpg?rlkey=v196mwxrr01qinmjrn0mvng0f&dl=0

I think I prefer the Ligonier layout better but I'm game for either.

Nermander

I would look at simply using two test frames on each page, potentially the top text frames can be in one chain and the bottom text frames in another. But you will have to manually adjust the sizes of the frames och probably also adjust frame breaks manually, so maybe linking both set of frames is not that useful.

Where does the text come from? Would it be feasible to manually populate each text frame from source?

ii

Quote from: Nermander on February 18, 2024, 08:55:22 AMI would look at simply using two test frames on each page, potentially the top text frames can be in one chain and the bottom text frames in another. But you will have to manually adjust the sizes of the frames och probably also adjust frame breaks manually, so maybe linking both set of frames is not that useful.

Where does the text come from? Would it be feasible to manually populate each text frame from source?

I will eventually be compiling, a collection of gnostic gospels, and their differences from orthodox Christianity in a format that will help the reader.

I am using these Bibles as a template to build off of.

Right now, I have to figure out what version of the gnostic gospels. I can copy in English that don't violate any copyright rules. I'm not sure how to do that right now and am open to advice.