Scribus crashes with Signal #11

Previous topic - Next topic

richypops

Hi there!

I hope somebody can offer some advice on this issue as I can no longer use Scribus on the current project I am working on.

Scribus has recently developed a problem where it persistently crashes with Signal #11.

The crashes have started in the last two days with an sla file I have been working on and off with for the last two years. A few weeks ago I upgraded to Scribus 1.6.1 from 1.6.0. The sla was originally created in 1.5.8, or possibly an earlier version.

Now, if I try to make a change in the sla, it either crashes immediately, or it crashes when I try to save it.

in other words, I can no longer edit the sla.

Scribus does generate emergency back up files, but whenever I try to open these with Scribus, they also crash immediately.

I do have an Apple crash report from one of these crashes if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Running Mac OS Monterey on a mid 2015 MacBook Pro.

Many thanks,

Richard

a.l.e

i think you'll need to share the .sla file.

you can attach it to a reply to this ticket or send a link to it (you need to upload it to a sharing service first... apple and google provide one) in private messages in this forum (to the people who volunteer to help).

richypops

Yes, that's no problem, I will provide a link to Google drive for anyone who wants to look at it, and the Apple crash file.

Thank you!

-R

AdmFubar

Did you save your file to an external device? (thumb drive, external harddrive, nas, or cloud?)
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

richypops

The file is saved locally on the Macbook and is synced between computers through a Nextcloud host (Tab Digital). I am not aware of any sync issues or the like with the provider.

a.l.e