Pb merging multiple sla file

Previous topic - Next topic

chalavi

Hi,

First of all thank you for making Scribus.
Even not perfect, I couldn't work without this software.

We are a small publisher, and we specialize in local history and archaeology. Our last 8 books were edited under scribus https://sael28.fr/categorie-produit/livres/. Among these productions, we have a book which brings together independent articles written by different authors.

I have 3 sla files that I want to merge.
The merge function in Scribus 1.6.1 (on Linux mint) only works partially.
All the text frames are created but only the first one is populated. Links between frames are not created. it's quite annoying for a 150 page book; each page having a main text area and a notes area.

Am I doing something wrong?
Do you have a solution?

Thanks for a response
Victor
sael28.fr

PatJr

can you put together a small sample set of files and post them up?

AdmFubar

I was going to troubleshoot this and I cannot find  a merge function in 1.6.1. Where in the menus is it located?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

chalavi

Whe you want to merge 2 (or more) sla files
1) open your first sla file
2) go to the menu "Pages"
3) Select the "Import" option
4) select the sla files you want to merge

AdmFubar

Tried it and it works for me. When importing the pages, did you check the create pages box?, the drop down menu is active then, and you can select where you want to place the imported document. (before page, after page, at end)
Advanced hobbyist

chalavi

When importing the pages, did you check the create pages box?
Yes, I've tried all the combinations before going to this forum.

I've retry it with false text and

1) All the text frames are created (what is expected)
2) Only the first text frame is populated by text (what is expected), the others not (what is not expected)
3) Why this behavour ? Because the links between text frames are not created (what is not expected) and this is the bug.

Somebody could create 2 sla files with 4 or 5 pages with false text and try to merge them and confirm the behaviour?

Vic

a.l.e

somehow, i had the feeling that a similar but was fixed in the past, but i was wrong:

it's still open:

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=8056

chalavi

Thanks for noticing the problem.

As there is no solution for the moment with Scribus, I'll use PDF arranger to merge my 3 sla/pdf articles and send the result to the printer.

AdmFubar

the documents that you are importing.. are they pdf's? i'm wonderinig they a damaged or out of spec..
Advanced hobbyist