Ghostscript

Previous topic - Next topic

DD2743

Hi Everyone, I am a newbie to Scribus (just downloaded it yesterday). I now realize that Ghostscript is also needed - but when I google the "safety" of downloading it, there are some (significant?) issues noted... and I am a bit leary. Anyone have any advice? Thanks SO much!!

MrB

You don't need it for a lot of work, maybe don't worry for now. I'm not sure why there would be significant issues though. What operating system are you using?

DD2743

Hi! Thank you. I am on Windows 10, 64-bit. I would like to use Scribus to help put together some children's books for print (at an on-demand print site). If I don't install Ghostscript - is that ok? If you think I need it and it is truly safe, I will install and scan it, etc. Thank you again for all your awesome work!

Nermander

AGPL versions from here should be safe to install.

https://ghostscript.com/releases/gsdnld.html

DD2743

okay...THANK YOU so much!!! :)

DD2743

I was wondering another thing if someone has time to help. I installed the prior scribus version just a few days ago. Now - should I UNinstall that version, install ghostscript first, then install the updated scribus version? What is the best way to do this? And (forgive my ignorance) - when I go to the scribus download page.... do I install this one in the list ----    scribus-1.6.0-windows-x64.exe ? for Windows 10 64-bit OS?

(last time I just clicked on the green download button)

okay, thank you all for your help. :)

AdmFubar

Quote from: DD2743 on January 02, 2024, 09:16:03 PMI was wondering another thing if someone has time to help. I installed the prior scribus version just a few days ago. Now - should I UNinstall that version, install ghostscript first, then install the updated scribus version? What is the best way to do this? And (forgive my ignorance) - when I go to the scribus download page.... do I install this one in the list ----    scribus-1.6.0-windows-x64.exe ? for Windows 10 64-bit OS?

(last time I just clicked on the green download button)

okay, thank you all for your help. :)
Just install the latest exe, you should be fine.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

DD2743

okay - there are two different exe ones on the list - and I am not sure which one to do. I am so sorry to ask again. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

AdmFubar

most likely you have a 64 bit machine, the installer will prompt you if the architecture isnt correct for your machine.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

DD2743

Awesome. Thanks for all your help!!! I really appreciate it!