first page 3 column, 2,3,4 just two column

Previous topic - Next topic

renato07

Hi,
I need to create a newspaper to print.
so, at -new file I choose -double page. I need to divide the first page in three column and page 2,3,4 just in two column. But on the dialog box, I see I can set just how many column for all the pages...Can I set 2 and 3 column for different page?

Thank you

Renato

AdmFubar

Quote from: renato07 on December 23, 2023, 05:32:58 PMHi,
I need to create a newspaper to print.
so, at -new file I choose -double page. I need to divide the first page in three column and page 2,3,4 just in two column. But on the dialog box, I see I can set just how many column for all the pages...Can I set 2 and 3 column for different page?

Thank you

Renato
Create your pages, with 2 columns on all of them then on the first page page select the text box, and in the Text Properties tab select the Columns & Text Distances  switch the 2 columns to 3 for the fist page.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

renato07

Sorry...I do not understand well. Do you mean the Text frame?

Thank you

Renato

AdmFubar

the box on the page where you are putting your text is the text frame, you can specify the number of columns.
Select the first one, and then press the  "F3" this opens the content properties window. . about the 5th entry down of the expandable options is the "columns and text distances" select that. it will open with options to adjust how many columns you want.

La casella nella pagina in cui si inserisce il testo è il frame di testo, è possibile specificare il numero di colonne. Selezionare il primo, quindi premere la "F3" che apre la finestra Proprietà del contenuto. . Circa la quinta voce delle opzioni espandibili sono le "colonne e le distanze di testo" selezionalo. Si aprirà con le opzioni per regolare quante colonne desideri.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist