Adobe Fonts (Creative Cloud subscription) and Scribus

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobsteroid

Relevant to Windows 10, Scribus 1.5.8 (installed as stand-aloe) and 1.4.8 (installed with PortableApps).

I have an Adobe subscription that give me access to the "Adobe Fonts" service. It works well in that when a font is enabled through Adobe it become available to the OS and installed programs like MS Office, Libre Office, PDF-XChange and other but not Scribus.

The other apps on the system detect the new fonts automatically but Scribus does not see them. Using the "additional fonts" feature of Scribus I have:

1) Directed Scribus to look in the super-secret location where Adobe Fonts stores the fonts (\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync\plugins\livetype\r\ in case you wondered). Scribus does not detect the fonts.

2) The font files described in point (1) have numerical file names and no file name extension. The files can be renamed with an extension (.ttf or .otf) and installed into the OS as normal. The rest of the OS and installed programs detect the new font but not Scribus.

3) The moved and renamed font from point (2) can be put in a custom directory elsewhere and use the "additional fonts" feature to direct Scribus to look in the directory and still, Scribus does not detect them.

I have tested that I am doing this right by directing Scribus to another directory created by myself containing fonts from elsewhere. It works as it should.

Any ideas?

Note I am not trying to circumvent or abuse the license terms with Adobe Fonts. I just want them to work with Scribus.

PatJr

Spaghetti on the wall
open the font with fontforg and save a copy with a different name?