Text box issues.

Previous topic - Next topic

Smaggy

After I updated the software, now I have to make changes or additions to text boxes twice for it to stick. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

PatJr

what did you update too?  1.5.8  ?

AdmFubar

can you explain a bit more. What steps are you going through when making a change?
and what version where you using previously, and what version are you using now?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

Smaggy

I'm using 1.4.8. I can't remember the last version number.

I've got a page already created. When I do 'edit master' and then edit the text in a text box (CTRL-T), I make my changes and click the ok button. But it doesn't stick. So then I do it again and click the ok button, then it sticks. This happens every time.

AdmFubar

There is no explicitly labeled ok button.. do you mean the "update text frame" button (CTRL-U)?
Advanced hobbyist

Smaggy

Yeah, that's what I meant. I just couldn't think of the phrasing of the button.

AdmFubar

My first suggestion is to upgrade to 1.5.x version, and see if the issue persists. If it does after upgrading then exit scribus, navigate to the configuration and rename it. Then restart scribus, it will rebuild the config file with the default values. reopen the file in question and see if the issue is still there. It may just be a corrupted config file.

You can locate the config here, depending on your operating system

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Configprefs#Where_Are_the_Preferences_Files_?
Advanced hobbyist