how to add multiple images to multiple pages (one per page) automatically?

Previous topic - Next topic

xolvum

tl;dr: let's say i want to place a 100 image in 100 pages, is there a tool that let's me automatically do that?

i literally just heard about scribus today, and i think i will use for the rest of my life. thanks for the software.

my main use of affinity publisher was to make coloring books, and there is tool called place image.

the tool let's you select multiple images from a folder and then when you are back to the document all you have to do is drag the mouse and it will add the image. you then you can jump to a different page or stay in the same page where you can add another image.

it's handy if you want to make a coloring book or an image book and you don't care about the order.

so is there a tool like this in scrubus?

PatJr

not that I know of, maybe you or someone could write a script that would do something like that

what you describe doesn't sound much different the dragging and dropping an image onto a page from a file manager to scribus

just tried it, you will need to dittle with the scaling if you don't already have an image frame on the page

xolvum

Quote from: PatJr on November 12, 2023, 01:06:01 AMnot that I know of, maybe you or someone could write a script that would do something like that

what you describe doesn't sound much different the dragging and dropping an image onto a page from a file manager to scribus

just tried it, you will need to dittle with the scaling if you don't already have an image frame on the page

thanks i like the script idea since i can do a lot and maybe import more images faster even than the affinity tool.

and yes there will be always manual resizing afterwards since the images are not the same.

maybe i'll share my script when i get it working soon.

a.l.e

as far i can tell, you can do that with modern versions of scribus:

- create an image frame,
- got to file > import > get image...,
- select all the image files you want to import (with the same limitation, that they have to be in the same folder),
- click on the selected image frame to place the first image in there.
- click and drag (or shift-click if you have well crafted guides) to place all the other images one after the other ones (the frame will be automatically created).

looks very similar (if not identical) to what you describe...