Outoput pdf/x-4 doesn't work for existing files

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaxx

Hi, while knowing for quite while that others have had similar problems and how to solve them, I still wasn't able forcing Scribus 1.5.8 to allow a file export to pdf/x-4.

• Yes, color-management is on (in general settings without files and when the file is open).
  • The right profiles are installed.
  • Standard PDF-export setting is PDF/x-4 (without and with the respective file is opened.
  • I've even tried the export without any pictures or colored objects (all deleted) - pure b/w text boxes -  same result.

Finally I created in a second tab a new document, same size and amount of pages (okay, just two  ;D ) and copied and pasted the complete content of the old file. BINGO, IT WORKED. Nice, but I wasn't able to detect any different setting.

What the heck can be done without the need of transferring the content to a new file? Where can I look at? Is there any thing in the source file I specifically can change (using Notepad++ or Notepadqq in Linux)?

I have a massive stock of old files that need to be refreshed just a bit from time to time.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

AdmFubar

How old are these files? and more specifically what version of scribus were they made with?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

Flaxx

Quote from: AdmFubar on November 11, 2023, 02:22:45 AMHow old are these files? and more specifically what version of scribus were they made with?
Most are marked as 1.5.4, but some of them might have been converted from 1.4.8. That has been the version I started using Scribus in 2018 (I think). The one I worked on yesterday was 1.5.5, just copied as a template and changed (a 2-pager greeting card containing just one photo as relevant element). This surely was originally created based on a 1.5.4 file.

I have to stress that I'm no pro in this field, working voluntarily in a NPO, and using Scribus rather occasionally. In order to be most flexible, I have Scribus installed as portable version on a fast USB-stick containing the content as well in order to assure a steady file structure (of course there are backups).

AdmFubar

I'm wondering if there is an issue converting 1.4.x file a more advanced pdf. Would be interesting to hear what the developers have to add to this.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist