How to make an A3 project and print it out?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kata

Hi,

I am working with a poster that should be A3. Starting a new document this size isn't an option so I chose the custom size and gave measures of an A3 paper. Now that everything is done, I'd like to print it out, but there's no option in the print menu for doing so, nor do any of the pdf-readers seem to be able to do it. I have a Canon printer that can print on A3 and I am using MacBook. I would appreciate a lot any tip that could get me closer to solve the issue. Thanks beforehand!

A Newbie

Nermander

That seems very strange. All PDF viewers I have used can choose from all paper sizes the printer supports and then you can set the scaling if it does not fit (use 100% scaling to print without scaling).

You should even be able to print an A4 document on A3 paper, either non-scaled or scaled up to A3 size.

But I don't know much about the printing system on Mac.

AdmFubar

Even stranger that A3 isnt available for you. I'm thinking there might be something wrong with your install, but before you go through making changes there. I'd wait for other mac users to add their ideas.

What version of scribus are you using and what version of macOS?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

Kata

Thank you for the answers. I agree, there's something strange in this.

I am using macOS version 13.4.1 and Scribus version 1.5.6.1.

AdmFubar

is 1.5.6 the latest available for the mac? if you can get 1.5.8 and see if the problem persists.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

MrB

As the old paper size list was huge, we created a limited default list.
Go into Preferences, Page Sizes, and ensure that A3 or any other size you want is in the Active Sizes list.

MrB

Quote from: AdmFubar on August 24, 2023, 08:29:40 PMis 1.5.6 the latest available for the mac? if you can get 1.5.8 and see if the problem persists.

1.5.8 is available, yes.

Nermander

Still, any PDF viewer should be able to print an A4 PDF on A3 if the printer can handle A3. So if A3 is not available for the printer from the PDF viewer, that has nothing to do with Scribus.