Text Frame - borders

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

Dear All,

Quick question re text frames and thier borders, how to edit them.

Context: I'm typesetting an academic journal, page layout has two columns, text has footnotes which appear below each column, I'm using text frames for the columns and seperate text frames for footnotes beneath each column (references are being inserted manually). All text frames have no black border lines in preview. Looks good but I would like a divider line between the colum and it's footnotes below.

Question: I would like to have the top border of the text frame in which the footnotes are located to be visible (simple thin black line) so that there is a divider line between the footnote section and the corresponding column above it. Just one line, just the top of the text frame. Is this possible?

PS: Scribus installed on Linux Mint.

PatJr

maybe if the footnotes were in a 1 cell table???
not sure
but I don't think the current version of Scibus can format text frames like that

if the footnotes are all the same height maybe you could just use a line on a master page?

just spit ball'n

Wes

Quote from: PatJr on July 11, 2023, 01:47:32 AMmaybe if the footnotes were in a 1 cell table???
not sure
but I don't think the current version of Scibus can format text frames like that

if the footnotes are all the same height maybe you could just use a line on a master page?

just spit ball'n

I see. Thank you for the reply. So the table borders can be made visible or invisible like in MS Word? I should have thought about laying it out in tables from the start - unfortunately I've done too much to start from scratch. Perhaps there's a way I can draw a line instead.

PatJr

L
then draw a line
hold the control key to constrain then angle at 15 degree increments