Long document hangs after style change

Previous topic - Next topic

Numenor001

Hi, all--

Probably shouldn't have started Scribus 1.5.8 with a 500 page book, but here I am.

When I change default paragraph style to "Align with baseline grid", rather than "fixed linespacing" [Apply, Done, Close Style Manager popup], the change appears, and everything looks tidy: but if I try to Save or make a PDF, the system hangs up. I've had the same result on both my Mac and Windows machines. One time, the Windows version hung up just from trying to scroll to the end of the document (though again, the last page I could see--393--did show the appropriate changes).

Thanks for any advice--

AdmFubar

You prolly need to break up this project in several smaller chunks. Scribus is having issues with the size.  Also, what are your machine''s specs? processor, speed , ram..
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

Numenor001

Ah, thank you: I had suspected something like that might be the case.

I shall look into how I might divide the project into four smaller pieces and then combine PDFs at the end.

My Windows machine is running Windows 10 on i5-1135G7, 2.4 GHz, 8 GB of RAM; the MacMini, Big Sur 11.7.8 on an i7, 3 GHz, 16 GB

AdmFubar

I suspect that memory might be low if you have images in your book. (will depend on how many and what type.)  and what else is running in the background.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist