Supported Windows Versions?

Previous topic - Next topic

Racke Rauchzart

hi – I am going to decide if I should use Scribus for the journal of our association. While I will be working on a Mac, it is always possible that somebody else takes the job in the future.

So I need to know on which Windows versions exactly Scribus will run. Is there a foolproof installation possible on every Windows 10 version? What status has the porting to Windows 11?

Thank you.

a.l.e

scribus is mainly developed on windows...

Racke Rauchzart

...which answers, well, which of my questions...?

utnik

as a quick search on the internet shows, there are people who run scribus on win11. i would install 1.5.8 (and upgrade to 1.6 as soon as it appears...)
...and if it doesn't run, ask the devs to pay your money back...

utnik

Racke Rauchzart

Nermander

In my experience, Windows is not as sensitive to "supported OS versions" as for example Linux distros or OS X.

I can't recall I have ever had any issue with a program that did not support the versions of Windows I was running.

MrB

Scribus is developed on Windows and OSX, and tested on Linux (OpenSuse, Ubuntu, Mint mostly.. and some contributors test on others like Slack). 1.5.8 runs happily on Windows 10 and 11.

Racke Rauchzart

OK, thank you everybody. I had my doubts because this (German) page tells me that I need Windows 2000 or XP...

Nermander

If you scroll to the bottom of that page you can see:
This page was last edited on 24 January 2010