Importing page(s) from .pdf file

Previous topic - Next topic

GerardMo

How do I select and import the proper page from a multi page pdf file?

PatJr

dunno if Scribus will let you import one page or a range

easy work around would be to just use something like pdfshuffle, pdf arranger, or even inkscape to isolate the pages you want

AdmFubar

scribus will open a window asking what page(s) you want to include from the pdf  into your document, you can specify individual pages with commas, (maybe even spaces) or ranges by separating the range with a '-' (minus,dash, hyphen).
just treat the pdf as a .sla when opening.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

GerardMo

That would be nice, but that's not what is happening.
Not opening any new window to specify the pagenumber but just importing a random page from the .pdf, most times the first page.
What am I doing wrong?

Nermander

What version of Scribus are you using?

Exactly what commands to you do?

GerardMo

Scribus 1.4.8

1. Insert picture frame
2. Get picture

utnik

hi gerard

when you place your .pdf file in an image frame you have to select the page later in the 'image properties'.
the window to select a page renge or a single page shows if you open a .pdf file with scribus.

utnik

AdmFubar

Quote from: GerardMo on July 01, 2023, 09:34:05 AMThat would be nice, but that's not what is happening.
Not opening any new window to specify the pagenumber but just importing a random page from the .pdf, most times the first page.
What am I doing wrong?

Ah that explains it...
Just open the pdf ad you would any other .sla file. Use file/open and navigate to the pdf you want to open. You should get a window that will ask what pages you want.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist