Combo Boxes and using setItems() to change them

Previous topic - Next topic

CroAnte

I did the short tutorial on "Code snippets for the combo box" on the wiki page https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/A_Brief_Tutorial_on_Forms, but I can't get the Combobox to be populated with the options.

In the "On Focus" event I add the code as indicated, but it's not populating the ComboBox as the documentation implies that it should.

I'm trying to apply a similar concept to another document I started creating, but it seems that .setItems() doesn't set anything...

I have attached both the .sla and the .pdf

I'm using Scribus 1.4.8 on a Windows 10 machine, and I've tried exporting the PDF in PDF 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help!

whbuchan

Just chiming in - exact same issue.  The tutorial is not correct.  setitems is not working.

PatJr

seems to work if I open the pdf in firefox but not okular

AdmFubar

It took a few minutes of fiddling and not looking at directions ;D , but i believe i got it to work 

Select the field, right click and look for the pdf options, and then field properties.
In the pdf properties window, select the format tab, and make sure that the option field to format as is set to plain text. Select ok.

Then select the field if needed, right click and select content/edit text with story editor.
In the story editor make a list of the entries needed followed by a return. This should provide your list for the field.

Not sure if this will work with the tutorial, as i've not looked at it yet. Will check now.

Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist