ISBN Barcode

Previous topic - Next topic

$cribu$

Re: the functionality of the ISBN code generator

I've tried to use the ISBN barcode generator in the design of a book cover. I discovered that:
  • Six of the eight options in the drop-down menu for the ISBN code are greyed-out, as are the colour options (fixed at black and white). Do these simply not apply to the ISBN codes, or have the developers not coded the software for it yet?
  • The barcode image shown in the drop-down menu displays a topmost line with human-readable text, "ISBN nnn-n-nnnnn-nnn-n", whereas the delivered ISBN barcode doesn't display that human-readable information (see attached images). All of my modern commercial books show the human-readable text "ISBN ....".  Perhaps the coder didn't adjust the frame size / proportions for the ISBN format??
  • Is it possible for the user to manually adjust the barcode frame, so that the "ISBN ..." text is displayed? Presently, it is possible to stretch the height of the barcode, but that doesn't reveal the clipped-off text, "ISBN..."
NB: to reduce the upload-file size, I clipped the right-hand side of 'promised.png'. In fact, the entire '52250' number and code are displayed in the drop-down menu.

utnik

hi $cribu$

what is your scribus version and your operating system?
there was a problem with the barcode generator on mac os.

utnik

MrB

Terry Burton is an SME in barcodes.. he writes our barcode generator code.
https://github.com/terryburton

MrB

You can change the colour of the barcode once its on the canvas btw. Its just a vector