String Freeze for Scribus 1.6.0

Previous topic - Next topic

MrB

Hi All

I have been messing around in Transifex trying to understand how the new API works etc and finally sorted that this evening I believe.

As such, the ScribusStable project is now ready for translation for Scribus 1.5.9.svn which will become 1.6.0, the next stable release of Scribus. We'd be hoping for completion of the translations by end of weekend 24th September.

Please feel free to ask any clarifying questions and I will respond.

thanks
Craig

MrB

Hey Folks..

Just a quick reminder for this. 5 days to go. We still have quite a few languages not at 100%.

thanks
Craig

a.l.e

Hi Craig

Would you mind, posting a short message with a link to the preferred platform (or workflow) for the translations and a list of incomplete language (or a link to a statistics that shows which languages need care)?

That might help people getting involved...

MrB

https://app.transifex.com/scribus/scribusstable is the link on Transifex for the 1.5.x codebase, which will become 1.6.0. You can use the direct web interface to complete translations. I will download them from Transifex into our code repository.

a.l.e

So for those who want to help translating:

The following languages seem to be fully translated and do not need further help:

• Dutch
  • Esperanto
  • Chinese (China)
  • Slovenian
  • English (Australia)
  • Hungarian
  • Basque
  • English (United Kingdom)
  • Croatian (Croatia)

The following languages are almost fully translated (>= 98% that means less than 200 words to be translated) and contributing just a few words might help to get them to be 100%):

• Portuguese (Portugal)
  • Ukrainian
  • Italian
  • Portuguese
  • Arabic

The following languages have more than 90% and if you really have some time you can try to bring them forward (and if several people do it it might get usable before the release of 1.6)

• Polish (Poland)
  • Galician
  • Spanish (Spain)
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
  • German
  • German (Switzerland)
  • French
  • Norwegian Nynorsk (Norway)
  • Russian

(as an example, German still has about 1000 words to be translated but most of them seem to be names of languages that do not have a translation in Scribus...)

The other languages probably need more care and, depending on the type of strings that are still missing, it won't be easy to get them fully translated before 1.6 is released.
but: what is translated will be included and strings that are translated later will get into 1.6.1 : - )

What do you need to do if you want to help out? The "easy" way is:

- You need to create an account for Transifex (if you don't have one already)
- Join the "scribusstable" project.
- Find "your" language.
- Join the language.
- Ask to be a member of the language with the "dots menu" next to the "View Members" at the top right of the page.

And, of course, you can always get the .ts files from the Scribus source code (https://gitlab.com/scribus/scribus16/-/tree/main/resources/translations?ref_type=heads) and upload your translations to the bug tracker (https://bugs.scribus.net)

bubu