My first post: Identifying tool icons

Previous topic - Next topic

tjones0150

I'm using a Dell laptop computer with Windows 10.  I just downloaded Scribus 1.4 a week ago.  When I hover my mouse pointer over the various tool icons, I get no popup text identifying the tool.  Is that something I can change or fix?

RodneyLee

utnik

Quote from: RodneyLee on April 23, 2020, 03:14:24 PM
you might like 1.5.5 better

this may be true – but this mouse-over help should work in 1.4.8 as well...

utnik

tjones0150

Yes, it should, but it doesn't. Can it be fixed by me or is there a workaround?

a.l.e

i don't see any way to activate / deactivate the tooltips for scribus.

one possible cause would be that Qt (the framework is using) is getting too much information about your trackpad / mouse and it never gets to a state where it thinks that there is no movement...
but it's just a wild guess...

tjones0150

It's very inconvenient not to be able to see the text accompanying the tool icons. It's interesting that it works on this forum reply page.
tjonesEYGHEM

RodneyLee

if your running any other programs along with Scribus, IE a web browser, try shutting those down and just run Scribus

tjones0150

I stumbled across the answer to this:  go to help, put a check mark in the "tooltips" box.
tjones0150. 

MZaske

Thank you for completing your thread with the solution.

Please consider marking your question (the headline) with something like [solved]. That way it will be attractive to other users with a similar question. Seems only you can edit your original post.

I am new here again, after years on the old mailing list. I posted my own question today and I hope I can soon mark it [solved] too.
Presently using Scribus 1.5.8 on Windows and on Linuxes.
I am a Newbie here in the forum (since 2015) but I am using Scribus for over 10 years for work and privately.