Fedora 30 missing Scribus template previews

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandc

Hi,

I have just installed and launched Scribus 1.4.6 via DNF on F30 and when I am presented with the New Document dialog I click on the New from Template tab and then I thumbnails won't show up. I am able to scroll down and select various templates though as I get information about the (invisibly) selected template into the about dialog pane, and clicking OK actually loads it into the program.

I understand this has got to be some sort of preview folder permission problem, only, I have no clue as to what this/these folders would be and what exact permission should be used. Or could the problem lie somewhere else?

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

works here on debian testing.

i guess that it's a fedora problem, and you might want to check if other people have reported a similar problem in their bug tracker.

this having being said, in scribus templates are really not that important... and if you're doing your first steps in scribus there are good chances that you don't need them (except if your main goal is to create visit cards...)

ciao
a.l.e

rolandc

Quote from: a.l.e on July 05, 2019, 04:36:11 PM
works here on debian testing.

i guess that it's a fedora problem, and you might want to check if other people have reported a similar problem in their bug tracker.

this having being said, in scribus templates are really not that important... and if you're doing your first steps in scribus there are good chances that you don't need them (except if your main goal is to create visit cards...)

ciao
a.l.e

Thanks a.l.e for your reply. I agree with your point of view, although I was aiming at doing just that: starting to draw my own business card and I was just trying to get some ideas to start from. Not the end of the world, especially since I can still open the works of others (or what has been made freely available at least) for ideas too, so no big deal, as long as the program is stable and this seems to be a Fedora-related problem then.