How to output embeded PDFs in full resolution?

Previous topic - Next topic

cheflo

Hi,
I just started using Scribus, and I am having troubles getting PDFs in image frames to be saved in full resolution (as vectors). I use
Insert -> Insert image frame
to place the PDF file in the scribus document. I checked the box in
File -> Document Setup -> PDF Export -> Embed PDF & EPS files (Experimental)
but when I save the pdf via
File -> Export -> Saves as PDF
the output is pixelated when zoomed in.

a.l.e

can you please upload a sample pdf that look pixelated when imported and exported again with scribus?

cheflo

Thanks for the reply, please see attached for the PDF before and after scribus.

Additional details:
- After I press "Save as PDF" there is an additional dialogue that pops up and shows a warning triangle and says "Page1 - Image1 - Object is placed PDF".
- In the terminal I can see the error message "Fail to embed the PDF file" when I try to save as PDF.

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

i've tried it: inkscape can open the pdf generated by scribus 1.4.6 and the content is all vectors.

which version of scribus are you using?
on which os?
where did you get scribus from?

if you're using 1.5.3+, do not use the "experimental image pdf embedding", but import the pdf with "file > import > vectors"...

cheflo

Sorry for not replying previously. I recently upgraded to scribus 1.4.7, and I am still seeing the same issue. I am on Antergos (Arch Linux derivative, kernel 4.17.4) and I install scribus via the the Arch community repo (I tried installing 1.5.4 from the user repos but it would not build correctly).

When I do File --> Import --> Vector, the exported PDF looks great, but when I try to link a PDF file via the Insert Image box, I see the error I reported previously and the output is pixelated cannot be edited as a vector in Inkscape. I have tried with different PDF and EPS files and the result is always the same.