how to copy several text and image frames at once

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Slackw

hi everybody

i'm starting using scribus more regularly, and i'm trying to produce my own business card using several text and image frames. But now that i ended that business card layout, how can i copy all the text and image frames as they were a unique frame, instead of have to copy every frame again and again ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance.

utnik

hi mad slackw

as long as all the elements are on the same layer, just select all of them and press 'ctrl' + 'c' (or send the selection to the scrapbook...)
for elements on different layers it's a bit more complicated: you might select them in the 'outline' window and copy the selection – but when you paste it, all the elements will be on the same layer.

utnik

Nermander

I think that another solution in this case might be to group all items.

When I have done "business cards" (not for business, but the same style) I have made a template sheet (with guides for the "matrix" of cards), designed the card in the upper left "box". Then I save the file, select All, use Multiple duplicate and export to PDF. I do NOT save after the multiple duplicate, I just export to PDF and then close without saving. This means I save the version of the document that has only one copy of the card.

Mad Slackw

hi everybody

Utnik and Nermander, thanks for your replies.

Answering Utnik, as far as i understand, all the text and image frames are on the same layer, but i noticed that each frame has a different "level" number, and might be "up" or "down". I don't know if these levels work as a kind of sub-layers.

What i have tried to do is copy the several frames pressing alt+shift+C scribus copies those frames but the text inside doesn't appear (although the frames measure has not changed), it's like the text height or size has changed

i know that there is necessary a way to make a kind of a frame where the others frames are attached, but until now i didn't figure out how to move or copy a entire unit.

thanks again for yours reply

utnik

hi mad slackw

Quote from: Mad Slackw on October 22, 2015, 06:25:35 PM...scribus copies those frames but the text inside doesn't appear...

if the text frame is part of a chain of connected text frames, all the text is anchored at the first frame – copies of the other frames are empty.
when you copy an individual text frame, the content should be visible.

utnik