Black Page Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

davidvj

Producing a cover of a book that is an all black background with white text and white borders for the images.
In the document Setup > Display > Colors > Page Fill Color I have set the color to Black.
The document looks correct on the screen as I wish but the output PDF-X3 shows the background as White.

How do I correct the problem?

David

samps

You could get around it by covering the whole cover with a rectangle shape. Fill that rectangle with black and send it to the bottom level.

Samps

davidvj

Thanks Samps .....

Yes, that is certainly an obvious solution ... but .. then what is the point in having the ability to set the page color in the first place and why does Scribus show black on the screen when there is no intention to output the page in that way?  We are after all talking about WYSIWYG.

David

utnik

hi david

the settings under 'document setup' → 'display' and 'preferences' → 'display' don't change your final document. this settings are here to define how the working file shows on screen.
the page color is meant to simulate the color of the paper (or other material the document will be printed on...)

for your document the black background has to be printed. you have to define it in this way, not as a look of the printing paper!
of course you could print it on black paper, but not in a cmyk color space. in this case you need 'white' as a spot color – and for working on the file you tell scribus the paper color under 'document setup' → 'display' – this is wysiwyg!

utnik