Printing white only white pages

Previous topic - Next topic

kubwit

Hallo.

i have a fresh install of Scribus 1.4.1.svn using ghostscript 9.05 on Linux Ubuntu 12.04.01 installed by original ubuntu repos.

My questions:

1. When i try to print a simple document (contains images and text frames) i get only white pages printed - How can i print direct from scribus?
2. I have to export pdf files and when i print them i get get BLACK pages printed - How can i create pdf without having black pages printed (the view in image viewer works)

Thanks for your interest and some reply

utnik

hi kubwit

are you able to print other .pdf files? – or is it a bug somewhere in your print process?
if it's only with scibus generated files, can you upload .pdf and .sla samples? – i'll take a look at them...

utnik

kubwit

Hi utnik.

Thanks for your reply.

yes i can print all pdf files. I found the error why it printed all black. -> the default setting in: Save like pdf ->Color tab is set on Monitor/web.(i don't know if it is the right translation as i work on italian language)
I changed to printer setting and now i can print the pdf file.

But my main problem remains:

i cannot print direct from scribus. i get a blank page.

I try to set from postscript 3 to postscript 1 or 2 and my printer hangs. i tried to play around a little but nothing.

I have an hp officejet 6310 on my network.

It would be very nice if you could give me some advice for printing directly from scribus.

Thanks

utnik

hi kubwit

Quote from: kubwit on November 16, 2012, 10:44:24 PM...I found the error why it printed all black. -> the default setting in: Save like pdf ->Color tab is set on Monitor/web.(i don't know if it is the right translation as i work on italian language)
I changed to printer setting and now i can print the pdf file.

...I have an hp officejet 6310 on my network.

this is a strange solution. with your printer, the rgb color space (screen / web) should produce the best results – something goes wrong here. maybe i can find the source of the problem with a sample .pdf (for screen / web) and the appropriate .sla file

Quote...i cannot print direct from scribus. i get a blank page...

i never do this. i work in different environments (mac, win, linux / different laser and ink printers) and when i tryed to print out of scribus, the results have been very different. sometimes the whole layout was shifted over the top of the page, with a lot of white space on the lower edge. (but i never got blank pages...)
with a .pdf file from scribus everything works as expected – so i don't print out of scribus any more. it's not a problem for me.

but there are people who print directly from scribus – in some environments it works well.

utnik

kubwit

Hi utnik.

Meanwhile upgraded to 1.4.1.

i tried to recreate a file to send you but now it doesn't happen also when i change to monitor/web.

It's the doctor syndrom -- when you go there the pain disappears. ;-)

If it happens again i'll attach it. keep informed omn this topic.

I'll follow you advice and i'll print from pdf with monitor and web setting.

If printing direct from scribus is so sensibel on envirement why don't add an option/button where you export pdfand print in one step ?

Thanks for your interest