Scribusoid

Author Topic: Adding new pages creates orphaned linked text boxes  (Read 44 times)

devonapple

• Scribus User
Adding new pages creates orphaned linked text boxes
« on: August 14, 2019, 03:53:52 am »
I have a document using a template of someone else's creation. I am not sure if it was created with Automatic Text Box Creation (https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Working_with_text_frames#Automatic_Text_Frame_Creation). What I do know is that when I do the following, a number of linked text boxes appear virtually hundreds of pages down the virtual desktop, far past any existing pages (screenshot enclosed):

• Click Page > Insert
  • Specify
  • pages
  • Choose "After Page" [input page] (This also happens if I choose "Before Page")
  • Confirm "Move Objects with their Page" is checked
  • Clock "OK"

When I opt to select "At End", to have the pages inserted after the last page, the newly inserted pages appear as expected, with linked text boxes placed where one would expect them. I subsequently have to delete and replace them because they aren't the right size, but I don't have to scroll past the end of the document to find orphaned text boxes.

Has anyone encountered this before? If someone sets up a document to automatically generate text frames, is there a way to defeat that?

Appreciate any insights!

System:
Scribus 1.4.5
Windows 10, 64-bit

palmate