Scribus > Text and Typography

Scribus not recognizing newly installed fonts

<< < (2/4) > >>

mnawij:
One more question are they ttf or otf file types?  Also would you share the font files so I could install them and try them in Scribus?

mnawij

Update: I got the fonts from google fonts... I installed them in both Mac OSX/Scribus 1.5.4 as well as Linux Mint Debian/Scribus 1.5.4 flatpak and everything worked fine.  I do not have a Windows box here but tomorrow at work I will install the fonts on my Windows 10 machine.  Which version of Scribus are you using so I match everything up correctly with yours.

mnawij

rowlandr:
The files are ttf
I am trying to upload zip files but board keeps rejecting them either as too large or other problem.
This time I will try the smallest zip file (symbols not alphanumeric)

thanks

RR

rowlandr:
The alphanumeric font zip files are "too big" or other problem
And ttf is not a recognized upload for this board

thanks

RR

rowlandr:
Here is one of the Garamond fonts which the book site said was Scribus compatible.
I have taken it from the TTF subfolder but the info says it is Open type layout True Type Outline

RR

mnawij:
rowlandr,

In a previous post here I shared an update that I found the fonts on Google Fonts site.  I installed them in Linux Mint DE, Mac OSX, and today I installed them on my Windows 10 box and had no problems using the fonts. Did you get them from Googles Font Site or other free font site?  I would recommend uninstalling the fonts and download them from a different location if possible and reinstall them.  Otherwise I am out of ideas...

cheers!

mnawij

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version