Author Topic: Text Printing Incorectly  (Read 118 times)

WHYz

• Scribus User
Text Printing Incorectly
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:55:01 pm »
Today I began printing our church bulletins. For some reason, the font used on the cover is not producing correctly. (I've got examples, but I can't remember how to post them on here.) I thought the problem was all the adjustments I made to the font was the problem, so I brought everything back to normal size and spacing, so I brought everything back to the original settings, and printed again. the font issues were the same. So I decided to just use a different font. But again, it had the same issues. Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?

If U can't see the silver lining, look harder!

WHYz

• Scribus User
Re: Text Printing Incorectly
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 12:16:00 am »
The image above is what the cover should look like. As you see, it printed out fine when I printed it as it's own Scribus document. But once added back to the bulletin, it looked blockish and U couldn't read the text at all. So after figuring it was the font, so I picked another one (and made no size adjustments. And THIS was the result (see image below). Can U help?
If U can't see the silver lining, look harder!

utnik

Re: Text Printing Incorectly
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 08:18:31 am »
hi whyz

your posts are always a bit confusing, as i never know exactly what you're doing.
to track down the problem, i need more infos:
- what you mean by

…it printed out fine when I printed it as it's own Scribus document.

- are you printing direct from scribus?
- is the first screenshot from the .sla file and the second from the .pdf?
- are the fonts embedded in the .pdf file?

utnik
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:20:40 am by utnik »