Author Topic: Importing Multiple pages from a PDF (in 1.5.4)  (Read 675 times)

IDN101

• Scribus User
Importing Multiple pages from a PDF (in 1.5.4)
« on: May 09, 2018, 05:58:14 pm »
Just installed 1.5.4 as I need to be able to import a PDF document and add my own content over the top. I don't need to edit the original document at all- just to be able to stick it on it's own layer and then add text and image frames over the top, where my content needs to be.

When I go to Import the PDF Document, I only have the option to choose a single page- even though the source document is multi-page. Other radio button options are greyed out. Is this expected behaviour?

Do I need to use the Import function for every single page- one at a time?

Many thanks

utnik

Re: Importing Multiple pages from a PDF (in 1.5.4)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 08:40:00 pm »
you're right, with 'file' → 'import' you just have one single page of the .pdf file.
unfortunately you need to select 'file' → 'open' to get the whole file. (which is a bit confusing and makes people think scribus would be a .pdf editor…)

utnik

Mike_Scribus

• Scribus User
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 10:13:24 am »
Hi there,

Why is 1.5.4 required if you "need to be able to import a PDF document" and add your own content over the top?

Mike.

a.l.e

• Global Moderator
    • the graphics lab
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:39:30 am »
scribus 1.4 cannot import a pdf.

but scribus 1.4 can load a PDF in an image frame.
and it even has an experimental feature for keeping the original PDF in the resulting PDF (without rasterizing it)

scribus 1.5 can load a PDF in an image frame (as scribus 1.4 can) and, on top of it, can (try to) import a PDF as native objects (warning: it outlies your text...)

so, if you want to simply add your content on top of a pdf, you don't technically need 1.5.

utnik

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 01:12:21 pm »
but scribus 1.4 can load a PDF in an image frame.
and it even has an experimental feature for keeping the original PDF in the resulting PDF (without rasterizing it)

if you're on mac os, this feature is broken in scribus 1.4.5 and newer versions. (you'll need scribus 1.4.4 or 1.5.x…)

utnik