Author Topic: Colors a Little Murky... CMYK Output  (Read 138 times)

• Scribus User
Colors a Little Murky... CMYK Output
« on: February 09, 2018, 02:25:47 am »
I'm asking anyone who has experience with printing with IngramSpark (IS). I've created my PDF interior file in Scribus 1.4.6 and uploaded it to the IS website. It is a photobook of New York City. All the images were captured using Canon DSLR's and converted from the sRGB color space to CMYK in Photoshop (US Web Coated SWOP v2).
The Interior PDF file has been approved by IS and they sent me an electronic proof. I am going to order a hard copy but in reviewing the electronic proof some of the images lack contrast. (I did enable Black Point Compensation when I did the individual image conversions in Photoshop CS6.)
IS has a disclaimer not to judge the color & contrast by the electronic proof. But I called their customer support line and reviewed the proof with a rep on his computer. He agreed some look slightly washed out but said he probably make a hard copy before changing anything. (He couldn't say if they final hard copy would look different from the electronic proof.)
So... my question is for anyone who has printed with IS and gone through a similar issue. Should I go back and add some contrast to the murkier images before printing? Or just wait and see what comes back? (It is a US$25 fee to upload a new file when making changes.)
I am used to making prints from RGB images for clients from my inkjet printer, so I'm not really familiar with printing from CMYK. Here's a couple of screen grabs from the electronic proof that my help.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:27:57 am by 24Peter »