Extend shapes outside the page

Previous topic - Next topic

-lucas93-

Hi all. I downloaded Scribus a few days ago and I'm learning it.

See the attachment: i want my chapter titles to be encased in a black box. I used the program to insert 3mm bleeds.
When i export the PDF the black box doesn't go outside the page frames (it doesn't go on the bleeds), but i want it to do so, so when i'll cut the paper i'll be sure the box will be all-lenght. How to do this?

Thank you!

[attachment deleted by admin]

GarryP

Welcome to the forum -lucas93-.

I've just tried to reproduce the problem but the output I get when viewed in Adobe Reader DC looks fine.
Which PDF reader are you using? It's possible that the reader you are using is not displaying the page correctly.
If using another reader doesn't fix the problem can you attach the SLA so we can try it?

a.l.e

ciao lucas,

please share the .sla file...

ciao
a.l.e

(and: have you selected the clip to printer margin option when exporting to pdf / in the document settings?)

-lucas93-

I'm using acrobat reader.
Here you can find the attachment (clip to printer is off)

[attachment deleted by admin]

GarryP

Sorry, but since you're using a developmental version of Scribus - 1.5.3 - I can't help any further.
I would suggest that you use the current stable version - 1.4.6 - instead.

a.l.e

ok, i can replicate.

and i don't see anything you would be doing wrong.

the question is: is there an error at all?

i did a quick test and removed the crop and bleed marks in the pdf export and, oh wonder, then the shape seems to be exported as you expect.

i have to ask the experts, but i suppose that the pdf viewer won't show you the overflowing part when crop marks are defined... or scribus is doing something wrong.

ciao
a.l.e

a.l.e

jean did spot what was not matching:

you have turned the bleeds off when exporting to pdf.

this inspired me to fill this feature  request:

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=14901

ciao
a.l.e