Author Topic: Page Numbers not Rendering on Export  (Read 1233 times)

solaero

• Scribus Moonlighter
Page Numbers not Rendering on Export
« on: August 20, 2016, 05:01:25 am »
Scribus 1.5.2
Mac OSX 10.11.5

---

Exporting the document and page numbers are not printing. Not sure if I did something wrong or if it's a new "feature" of 1.5.2.

Actually, sometimes a couple page numbers show up, but not consistently. Otherwise the export seems to be fine.

---

Project is too large to attach here. Will have to post link to the project later. Hotel internet is pathetic.

[edit] link to project file and example pdf. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q28df3b37mfke1k/sample.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:23:33 am by solaero »

utnik

Re: Page Numbers not Rendering on Export
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 09:08:17 am »
hi solaero

i exported your file with the current settings (macOS 10.11.6 / scribus 1.5.2svn21331) and the page numbers are visible in my .pdf file – don't know why they are missing in yours…

utnik

bri_huang

• Scribus User
Re: Page Numbers not Rendering on Export
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 01:17:29 am »
I just ran into the exact same problem. I found that if I save my file, close Scribus, and then re-open the file the page numbers render correctly on export. If I make any edits or changes and then try to export to PDF, I get errors on the pages with page numbers and the numbers don't render. I don't know what's going on here, but this is a workable solution for me.

TLDR - My fix was to close and re-open Scribus. Now, open your file, but don't make any changes, export your file to PDF.

palmate