Author Topic: spell checker, hyphenation  (Read 3033 times)

toyotadesigner

• Active Scribus Mac User
    • architectural, industrial and business photographer
spell checker, hyphenation
« on: September 25, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »
Just encountered a problem: The spell checker and hyphenation doesn't work at all.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), Scribus 1.4.3

Installed dictionaries for English (US and UK), German (Traditional and Standard), Spanish

Right click on a text frame and 'check spelling' just pops up a window with 'spell check completed', though there are errors in the text. I can't change from German to German (Trad.), only to English, Spanish.

Even if I open the text editor and run the spell checker, the result is identical - it does NOT check the spelling.

Any help will be appreciated!

BTW, somewhere I've read that I have to 'build' the spell checker for the Mac OS - any idea where to download the file(s) and how to 'build' them?
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
Sólo unos pocos saben lo mucho que hay que saber para saber lo poco que se sabe.

— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]

toyotadesigner

• Active Scribus Mac User
    • architectural, industrial and business photographer
Re: spell checker, hyphenation
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 01:45:07 pm »
OK, found the solution based on this thread: http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,682.msg3223.html#msg3223

So I can't have a mixed language environment, because I have to specify for each paragraph style the language... how weird! And German (trad.) isn't supported at all...
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
Sólo unos pocos saben lo mucho que hay que saber para saber lo poco que se sabe.

— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]