Scribus Forums

Scribus => Layout Issues => Topic started by: Sue Millard on October 11, 2026, 04:27:44 PM

Title: Page layout bug? or not?
Post by: Sue Millard on October 11, 2026, 04:27:44 PM
I produce an 88 to 100-page magazine twice a year for an animal charity and it is printed from PDF by a commercial printer.
The layout is an A5 booklet. I have set it up using Scribus since 2013.
I upgraded last year to Scribus 1.6.5 Flatpak and I have had real difficulty getting the margins to transfer correctly to the print proof PDF. I intended the inner and outer margins both to be 7mm (very similar to the program's Magazine preset layout). However, when sent to print they became inner 6mm and outside 8mm - and the crop marks "jump" left or right between facing pages.
The only way I've managed to stabilise the crop mark position for the printers is to assume that the "inner" and "outer" text boxes are actually the opposite way round in Master Page Properties and Document Setup.
Ie - in Document setup I have had to set the margins as Inside 6mm and Outside 8mm; and in Master Page Properties I have to set Inside 8mm and Outside 6mm. The result was equal margins as intended and stable crop marks. Phew!
Has anyone else documented this, and is it still a problem in more recent versions?
I have written my own instruction sheet for the next issue...