Scribus Forums

Scribus => Beginner Talk => Topic started by: KAH on August 14, 2026, 04:46:37 PM

Title: How to Enlarge Tool Bar Icons?
Post by: KAH on August 14, 2026, 04:46:37 PM
My office may start using Scribus 1.6.5 with Windows 11 and I'm checking out the program for the first time. I've searched the forums and internet but found no answer to the following question. Is there any way to make the overall display, including the tool bar icons, larger? I have a desktop PC with a decent size monitor, but the toolbar is so small it's almost unusable. If the icons cannot be enlarged in 1.6.5, what about version 1.7? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Title: Re: How to Enlarge Tool Bar Icons?
Post by: AdmFubar on August 14, 2026, 09:52:48 PM
While I gave up on windows a long time ago, there should be an option to adjust the display scaling. I'm sure someone here will provide the exact location in windows. It might even be located on the desktop. Try right clicking on an empty section of desktop and see if there are any options for adjusting the scaling there.
Title: Re: How to Enlarge Tool Bar Icons?
Post by: mwhite212 on August 15, 2026, 02:42:46 AM
I do not believe there is a way to enlarge the icons, but 1.7.3 does have signficantly larger icons and generally more pleasant interface.
Title: Re: How to Enlarge Tool Bar Icons?
Post by: a.l.e on August 15, 2026, 10:04:18 AM
At this point, I would also evaluate a snapshot of 1.7

https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-svn/1.7.4.svn/

It's a development version, but the current state is probably at least as good as any 1.6 has ever been.

Depending on:


you might even only be able to achieve your goals with 1.7.

Just make sure that you actually can achieve everything you need with Scribus before going for it.
And you're welcome to ask further details and hints!

Your first question has already been answered: Scribus 1.6 does not work well on high DPI / big monitors.
Scribus 1.7 fixes that.