Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: [SOLVED] Need help - Scrib...
Last post by AdmFubar - August 30, 2024, 07:39:10 PM

I know that feeling well

https://youtu.be/VMosihNXzq4
General Discussion / Re: Do you use cloud storage s...
Last post by AdmFubar - August 30, 2024, 07:35:05 PM
PDF Generation / Re: Incorrectly Scaled Drop Sh...
Last post by AdmFubar - August 30, 2024, 07:21:08 PM
Per chance do you have color management turned on?
Text and Typography / Re: Text frame spacing
Last post by Nermander - August 30, 2024, 07:15:17 PM
My guess is that QuarkXPress uses the height of the actual text, while Scribus uses the maximum height of the font.

I have a slight memory that in Scribus you can change this setting though.
General Discussion / Re: Editable QR Codes?
Last post by lineinthesand - August 30, 2024, 07:02:39 PM
For what it's worth, as a workaround, you could use a render frame and generate the qrcode with LaTeX:
Add

\usepackage{qrcode}

to the Additional Headers input field and use code like this:

\qrcode{http://goo.gl/0bis}
\qrcode[level=M,height=3cm]{http://goo.gl/0bis}

to generate your QR codes. That way, you can edit the source/settings later on. You have to enter the size of your QR code, though, as it seems not to be possible to scale the content of the render frame.
Text and Typography / Column flow
Last post by BN_Dev - August 30, 2024, 05:38:45 PM
Hi folks,

Is there an analogous feature in Scribus for the QuarkXPress "column flow" feature?  This enables a single text frame to take a paragraph (normally the first) out of the normal column flow and wrap it over 1-n columns, and apply separate formatting to it.

It's super useful for keeping a headline and story together in one text frame that can be repositioned and resized, without having to create various different frames and group them and manually modify them when you want to change the layout.  This makes the layout process super quick and easy.

Many thanks,
Paul
User Interface / Do you need inch input like 1 ...
Last post by tim_occ - August 30, 2024, 05:32:37 PM
Hi all,

I'm grown up with the metric system and don't have many touchpoints with imperial units like inch in my daily life.

Usually you can write a size in inch like 1 1/2" or 1.5"
At the moment, Scribus supports only the decimal notation. Is there a need for the notation like 1 1/2, or 1 3/8 instead of 1.375?

I just thought about it.
Windows / Re: Scribus freezes at Creatin...
Last post by HeatherH. - August 30, 2024, 05:30:43 PM
I actually solved the problem by using a suggestion from an old thread called Re-create font cache?:
Thanks Global Moderator from May 14, 2017:
p.s.:

On Windows 8 and Windows 10 there is a Scribus directory in the AppData directory.

The prefs140.xml file probably is in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Scribus.
Rename this file to force Scribus to create a fresh one (as it does when you first run it).

Text and Typography / Text frame spacing
Last post by BN_Dev - August 30, 2024, 05:21:36 PM
Hi folks,

I have created two near-identical text frames in Scribus and QuarkXPress, but the text in the Scribus frame (using the same point size, line height, type face, etc.) is much lower in the frame than in Quark.

I can't seem to do anything to get the text in Scribus to actually flush to the top of the frame.  Any pointers appreciated please.

QuarkXPress:

Scribus:

The only thing I did notice was the blinking caret height in both was touching the top of the text frame (had to time screenshots perfectly to catch this).

Many thanks,
Paul
General Discussion / Latex rendering problems in wi...
Last post by argotan - August 30, 2024, 05:02:22 PM
Hello everyone, I use scribus on my personal portal in Linux and at work I have to create a document and I have installed scribus 1.6.2 for Windows. The document is almost finished, I just need to add the mathematical formulas through render frame using LaTex.

I have installed MikTex and I was surprised when I inserted the render frame in the document and the example text does not appear (which appears by default). I only see the red frame and in the middle the name of the temporary pdf file that LaTex has generated.

If I go to the temporary folder, I see that the pdf file exists and if I open it, the example text appears perfectly. I never have an error.

I have tried both pdflatex and xelatex and the same thing happens, there is no image, a red box with the name of the temporary pdf file.

I open that same document in scribus on Linux and it renders perfectly.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I know I can finish the document on my personal laptop, but it's personal and this is work, and I want to include this wonderful tool in my workflow.

Regards