Recent posts

Layout Issues / Re: Struggling with the book t...
Last post by C.Bass.Chin - June 29, 2024, 11:08:17 PM
Thanks folks! It wasn't super-self-explanatory once I got to the Sections menu, but I got it solved with a minimum of fussing.

Thanks again!
User Interface / Re: Improve the nodes editing
Last post by AdmFubar - June 28, 2024, 02:48:15 AM
Ok holding CTRL down while manipulating the corner nodes will give you some of what I am asking for. Still need to follow the constraint settings unless I am missing that. 
User Interface / Re: Improve the nodes editing
Last post by AdmFubar - June 27, 2024, 11:54:33 PM
Quote from: a.l.e on March 07, 2024, 03:45:31 PMediting the contour line

the feature must stay. but there should be a better way to switch between the two modes (much faster back and forth and both lines should be visible at the same time).
not sure if both should be editable at the same time (most of all, because, at the start, both values are at the same place)

resetting the contour line is also a necessary feature.

Also needs the options to  add constraint to moving points to align vertically or horizontally, and added nodes that will extend a side (left, right,  top, bottom) like there is for the text box.
General Discussion / Re: Scribus 1.6.2 - drag-drop ...
Last post by sersha - June 27, 2024, 09:16:36 PM
Started Scribus, then dropped a .sla file. It opened just as expected. Started another project, then dropped a sla file. It simply added the xml content to the text frame present.
Apropos, sla is not a graphical file. It is a XML, a text of sorts, so I think Scribus treats it just the way it should treat the text...
I'd install 1.6.2 on another machine and give it another test...
All the best!, S.
Layout Issues / Re: gap around frame
Last post by Nermander - June 27, 2024, 08:25:40 PM
Isn't this what you use the contour line for?

But maybe that is not available for all types of objects?
Layout Issues / Re: gap around frame
Last post by AdmFubar - June 27, 2024, 08:11:03 PM
A trick i've use is to give the image frame a stroke color and set a width of the stroke, then make the stroke transparent, it has a limitation. The stroke grows outward and inward  from the border of the frame. This will impact the image some and may make the image unusable for your document.

And yes you can also edit the contour line(s) ad well. Was just checking if it worked on shapes as well, and it does.
Just checked with a text frame converted to outlines and it works with that as well.

Works well with squares/rectangles. Tried with a circle shape, getting the contour line to be evenly spaced around the circle requires a bit of fiddling to get it to look right. Squares/Rectangles with rounded corners all use a contour line with squared corners. You cannot edit the contour at the corners to match.
General Discussion / Re: Tables Merging cells in 1....
Last post by PatJr - June 27, 2024, 03:38:06 PM
looks broken here too
General Discussion / Re: Scribus 1.6.2 - drag-drop ...
Last post by giuseppe.dimenno - June 27, 2024, 02:56:19 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm using windows 11. As a matter of fact I am referring of dropping a sla file over the empty scribus interface; I mean the one you have when you just open Scribus and have a gray empty interface.

I used to drop sla files even when I already have an open document; anyway I guess we are talking about the same issue.

The file drop does not work either with sla files and other vectorial files
Layout Issues / gap around frame
Last post by srikrishnan - June 27, 2024, 01:49:01 PM
Hi Experts,

is there a way to set gap around space for image frame, text frame and grouped frames? I want to set text around frame should appear in certain distance. for e.g. bottom of the frame space should be 24pt.

regards,
Srikrishnan
Text and Typography / CID fonts support
Last post by Yichuang驿窗 - June 27, 2024, 01:41:13 PM
I'm reading the help documentation for scribus 1.6.2 and it says this:

Scribus can use almost all PostScript fonts, the exception being CID (Asian) font files.

I'd like to know what's causing this. Is it because of the quality of the fonts, or something else?