Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Automatic changing pathway...
Last post by alexreynolds - Today at 03:21:10 AM
I get ideas from people who make new things. How great it is to see something new being made quordle

General Discussion / Re: Imagedata format in SLA fi...
Last post by AdmFubar - Today at 12:55:59 AM
As he needs a solution more now than later, the option to extract the image from the .sla is more immediate solution. Another option would be to export as a pdf, and use a pdf tool to extract the image(s). Not sure how promising a solution it would be, as the full image in scribus i bet is masked by the frame in the pdf. but would be work looking into, and may suit his needs.
Layout Issues / Re: Image Frame Lines
Last post by Nermander - March 04, 2024, 03:36:13 PM
Does the line show in an exported PDF?
Last post by PatJr - March 04, 2024, 03:16:24 PM
Can you post up a sample file?
That seems odd.
It looks like the bleed mark for the page edge.
Did you try View>Document and toggle the Frames view on and off?
Last post by a.l.e - March 04, 2024, 12:54:15 PM
in which color would you like the line to be?

fun aside, it's hard to say, without seeing the .sla file, but the most likely cause is a display error that will not survive a restart of scribus and will not make its way into the pdf (did you try to produce a pdf and see if it contains the red line?)
Layout Issues / Image Frame Lines
Last post by parodocs - March 04, 2024, 12:41:37 PM
Hello,
I'm new to Scribus and already frustrated.
The basics:
Creating a page with a text frame on top of an image frame. I removed the lines around the text frame but there is a persistent red line on the right and bottom of the image frame that I can't remove - despite searching and trying pretty much all of the options within Scribus and the forum.
This is not a line on the background image; I checked in photoshop.
So, what am I, the amateur, doing wrong, or what am I not doing right?
I am using Scribus to create a game book, including images and borders, tables and indexes etc... If there is a better, absolutely free, application for this, please feel free to redirect me.
Currently my other option has been clumsily using Word to produce the same effect.
Thank you for your time,
parodocs
Layout Issues / Re: text flows around image?
Last post by PatJr - March 02, 2024, 03:26:43 PM
you can edit the contour around an image to get the text to flow how you want, it is somewhat clunky and takes some patience and practice
select the image frame and tape the F2 then go to the Shapes tab
Last post by RodneyLee - March 02, 2024, 02:43:24 PM
The best way seems to be doing a rough outline around the images (if its a complex image) if its just a square its just a setting under SHAPE
Last post by Nermander - March 02, 2024, 08:16:16 AM
If I google "scribus flow around image" I get like a dozen hits on video tutorials.

If i recall correct, image must be on a level above the text frame, but I can't remember for which items you set the property for flow (and I am to lazy to start Scribus or look at any of the videos).
Layout Issues / text flows around image?
Last post by smokinjo - March 02, 2024, 04:10:12 AM
Hello

How can I get ext to flow around an image?

Any good tutorials of documenr page to help??

Thanks

Jospeh