Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: How to show the file name ...
Last post by Geoat - February 29, 2024, 08:56:13 AM
Good morning,
Thank you for your answer, I am afraid it is not possible.
In fact, what I would like is for the name of the file to appear on the printed version (discreetly), so that the various stakeholders are sure to have the same version.
I was thinking of a macro introducing this name, in the same way as inserting a special character (page number or special character).
General Discussion / Re: How to show the file name ...
Last post by a.l.e - February 29, 2024, 07:33:52 AM
no, i don't think it's possible, sorry.

as far as i can tell, this is a feature that is typical for word processing, but not so frequent when doing layouts.

(probably because, if you're putting so much effort in the way your document looks, you don't want to "leak" the details about the name of your document...)

(also, with layouts, you will probably version the whole folder, not the .sla file... and if you're doing it correctly, you will use a revision system, not renaming files... and if one is renaming files, i fear that the typical file will be called "My Work - proofed (Final)_For print (Colors fixed).sla"... and you don't want to see that in a printed file : - )
General Discussion / Re: Imagedata format in SLA fi...
Last post by a.l.e - February 29, 2024, 07:19:53 AM
no, i'm not asking you to look into the code.

i'm suggesting that you can find the solution by looking into the code.
or, at least, this is how i would do it.
if you're parsing the xml, and -- among other things -- want to extract the images from the xml soup you probably know how to do that.

good luck!

p.s.: you are parsing an undocumented file format... at some time, you will need to go into the code to understand what's the meaning of the things you will be finding...
Last post by skhullar - February 29, 2024, 06:37:44 AM
Hi a.l.e

I was hoping to get some ready made help. But you are asking me to look into code. That will involve lot of deep diving, I wanted to avoid.

Text and Typography / Re: Is it possible to save tex...
Last post by AdmFubar - February 29, 2024, 03:30:31 AM
I'm a little lost by what you mean by "text filters", some details please.
And when you say you "re-imported" what do you mean by this?  did you import the same text? as in replacing what you had imported previously? or is this new text? and is it being added to  the previous import? or is it replacing it?
Text and Typography / Re: automatically generated co...
Last post by rsharman - February 29, 2024, 12:05:02 AM
Perhaps when you imported styles you didn't check "Replace Existing Style"?  The default is "Rename Imported Style" and that might be the problem you saw.
Text and Typography / Is it possible to save text fi...
Last post by rsharman - February 28, 2024, 11:53:52 PM
I'm using Scribus 1.6.1 on a Mac.  I'm trying to convert a document from Swift Publisher.  I've extracted the text and gone through several iterations of text filters and new styles.  When I went to re-import today and use filter4 all the "apply", "Paragraph style", "starting with" and so on things in the filter were there but the actual paragraph styles to use were all empty!  I have an earlier filter3 but a lot has changed since then.
1. Any idea why I somehow lost the paragraph styles to replace?
2. Is there any way of saving these filters?  This would help preventing losses, bad changes, and possibly would make them easier to generate.
Thanks, Richard
General Discussion / How to show the file name on a...
Last post by Geoat - February 28, 2024, 09:06:15 PM
Hello,
My problem: I start a Scribus document that I call «Mybook_V0». After corrections, it will be called "Mybook_V1", "Mybook_V2", etc. in successive versions.
I would like this name to appear automatically in a text frame on a page. Is it possible, and if so, how?
Thank you for your explanations.
Alain
Last post by a.l.e - February 28, 2024, 07:39:30 PM
hi sunil

i guess that utnik does not really answer your question.

but his reply contains a very good hint: have a look at how scribus reads or write the images and you will understand what you need to do to extract the image.

you can search through the code for the commands you see in the menues and you can then walk back to the relevant snippets.
Last post by utnik - February 28, 2024, 05:36:11 PM
hi sunil

if you just need to extract your image from the .sla file, you can do it with a right click on the image. in the pop-up menu you uncheck 'image' → 'embed image'. then scribus will open a window to define the name and location for the extracted image.

utnik