Recent posts

Beginner Talk / Re: Ability to print reader pa...
Last post by Orbspider - April 22, 2024, 01:52:22 PM
Ok this is archaic I know, but I was searching for this issue and thought I could bump the post.

I also am familiar with the export option that Indesign has (print as spread) and I was looking for it with scribus.

I looked up jpdf tweaks and it requires oracle's java......
The scribus wiki printing page points to pstops (cli)

But a checkbox in scribus pdf export would bi so much easier, than export as single pages and make the imposition with another program.

For my work, I am producing a book cover, following a clever technique where three pages are put alongside in a spread, back cover, spine and front cover. This is so that the spine width can be easily adjusted and of crs cos it looks good in a spread. Then during export just need to check (spread) and the resulting file is a combined 3 pages that can go straight to the book printers and not fail their validation.

General Discussion / Re: Debian Still on 1.5.8
Last post by ShaunaB1 - April 22, 2024, 11:47:08 AM
To request Debian to update a package to a newer version, file a "wishlist" bug on their bug tracker. Explain that you want version 1.6.1 and why it's needed. This lets the maintainers know there's interest in the update.
Text and Typography / Re: How to move text start poi...
Last post by Orbspider - April 22, 2024, 11:18:06 AM
@MrB, great idea! I just found that out today as well!
Last post by MrB - April 21, 2024, 10:32:41 PM
On the Text Properties window, go to the Path Text Properties, and change the "Start Offset" value to move the text along the frame.
Last post by PatJr - April 21, 2024, 03:54:36 PM
sounds interesting
could you post up a sample sla file with some examples?