Recent posts

Scripts and Plugins / Re: difference between direct ...
Last post by a.l.e - March 05, 2024, 05:48:53 PM
basically, there are no best practices.

the problem being, that at some time you need to run the script from inside of scribus and i'm not sure how you can have a good debugging experience in this type of setting (but i'll try to shortly research that too)

one of these evenings, i will try to write a summary of the different way you can use with different types of scripts.
Scripts and Plugins / Re: Adjust minicalendar size i...
Last post by PatJr - March 05, 2024, 04:42:09 PM
are you using the script that come with scribus?
can you post up a sample file?

Scripts and Plugins / Adjust minicalendar size in Mo...
Last post by Mikrojumbo - March 05, 2024, 12:50:10 PM
I'm trying to make at calendar A4, landscape with minicalendars.

Settings are: offset from top ->100, offset from left -> 450, Show mini calendars

But the mini calendars turns in to micro calendars, i can use maximum 5 i font size, so i need a magnifier to read the dates.

I can adjust the cells, by selecting each individual cell -> row/collumn, but there must be an easier way to do it.

Does anyone know?
Last post by skhullar - March 05, 2024, 07:28:24 AM
Thanks ALE

The objective was to learn how to debug a script.
Hence was trying to use console as a tool.
Is that the correct method? Or what is the best practice?

Sunil
Last post by a.l.e - March 05, 2024, 07:22:59 AM
good morning

the specific script works here, when i launch scribus from the console with that script.

enabling the hidden characters does not show any "stupid" indent errors, either.

of course, you can't run that script from the console, first you need to start scribus (even if somebody had the briliant idea to put "#!/usr/bin/env python" at the start; it will run but just tell you that you need to start the scribus from inside scribus).
Scripts and Plugins / difference between direct exec...
Last post by skhullar - March 05, 2024, 07:06:38 AM
Hi

Stuck with some trivial issues. Sorry if this sounds ridiculous.
Why does a standard sample script (c:\Program Files\Scribus 1.6.1\share\samples\wordcount.py), which executes correctly, gives multiple indentation error when executed from console?

thanks
SUnil
General Discussion / Re: Imagedata format in SLA fi...
Last post by AdmFubar - March 05, 2024, 12:55:59 AM
As he needs a solution more now than later, the option to extract the image from the .sla is more immediate solution. Another option would be to export as a pdf, and use a pdf tool to extract the image(s). Not sure how promising a solution it would be, as the full image in scribus i bet is masked by the frame in the pdf. but would be work looking into, and may suit his needs.
Layout Issues / Re: Image Frame Lines
Last post by Nermander - March 04, 2024, 03:36:13 PM
Does the line show in an exported PDF?
Last post by PatJr - March 04, 2024, 03:16:24 PM
Can you post up a sample file?
That seems odd.
It looks like the bleed mark for the page edge.
Did you try View>Document and toggle the Frames view on and off?
Last post by a.l.e - March 04, 2024, 12:54:15 PM
in which color would you like the line to be?

fun aside, it's hard to say, without seeing the .sla file, but the most likely cause is a display error that will not survive a restart of scribus and will not make its way into the pdf (did you try to produce a pdf and see if it contains the red line?)