Recent posts

Features / Re: Feature request: Relink mi...
Last post by a.l.e - March 07, 2024, 08:37:20 AM
i have tested it:

- create a document with two frames linked "image-1.jpeg" and "image-2.jpeg".
- move the two images to a different folder and you get a big nice red cross on each image frame.
- Extras > Manage images.
- click on one of the missing images.
- "Search"
- pick the new folder (or a parent of it) in "Start at"
- when it shows the found image, check "Apply to all matching images" and push the "Select" button.

it's not "automatically search for missing images on the whole disk", but -- if i understood you correctly -- it should allow you to easily solve your issue.
Last post by AdmFubar - March 06, 2024, 11:42:37 PM
Use collect for output, it will place a copy of  the images into a directory you create.
PDF Generation / Re: PDF form fields not being ...
Last post by AdmFubar - March 06, 2024, 11:39:50 PM
I printed it from a PDF reader, the fields print there. Try printing from a reader and see if if the fields are printed.
Last post by garydale - March 06, 2024, 05:18:22 PM
See attached files
Last post by PatJr - March 06, 2024, 04:00:36 PM
Can you post a sample file? Maybe both the sla and pdf version?

Scripts and Plugins / Re: Adjust minicalendar size i...
Last post by PatJr - March 06, 2024, 03:57:10 PM
I tried it yesterday with the script that comes with scribus. Made the calendar then edited the styles. The thing that gave me the biggest problem was fiddling with the line spacing, the default 15pt was not working with smaller fonts. Then having the weekday on a master page was kinda a curve ball for me.

Last post by a.l.e - March 06, 2024, 12:11:43 PM
hi

since you don't mention it in your post: have you tried the Search button in Extra > Manage Images?

I could not really test it (too lazy to setup a project with 50 missing images....), but it might do what you're looking for.
Features / [SOLVED] Feature request: Reli...
Last post by Finn Krogvig - March 06, 2024, 11:42:14 AM
Hello Scribus developers!

I am new to Scribus so maybe this has been addressed earlier: the need to be able to an (semi-) automatic relinking of missing images.

I am an retired film editor used to handle a large amount of video files that may live in different locations on several harddrives. When one have been forced to move a folder containing videoclips or one have lost the links to files in the project - all editing app have a way to point the app to the right folder where the files are for relinking. When the app finds one file it automatically relinks all missing files within that same folder. There is also a search function to find a missing file across all folders on a drive or folders beneath a specific folder.

Why do I promote this feature? Well, when I did open a Scribus project saved earlier all images was missing - all 55 images. Note: I did not touch any file structure after saving the project last. The last thing I did before closing the project was to export a PDF. So this must be a serious bug in Scribus. Luckily I was able to manually replace the missing images since Scribus kept the file names intact.

Scripts and Plugins / Re: Adjust minicalendar size i...
Last post by Mikrojumbo - March 06, 2024, 02:42:11 AM
PDF Generation / PDF form fields not being prin...
Last post by garydale - March 06, 2024, 02:14:04 AM
I am using Scribus 1.5.8 on a Debian/Trixie AMD64 system. I've created a single-page document, exported as a PDF, that includes 4 text fields that can be filled in/customized. This works well but when I print the PDF form, the fields aren't printed.

The PDF options show the field properties as visible, and content properties also have them as visible but they don't show up in the hardcopy.

I'm printing directly on my CUPS server using the command line:
lp -o print-scaling=none -n 1 <document name.pdf>

Any ideas on how I can get the fields to print?